BASS BARN banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going through my rods,I forgot that I had 3 rods stored up in the garage. One looks like a Harnell. How can I tell if it is. Also,if if it,who can refurbish since the guides are old?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It did have red/yellow wrappings,but I rewrapped the guide about 30 years ago. It still has one wrapping on it that was not on the guide and it is red/yelllow. Also,when I rewrapped it,I left the orginal guides on. They are made of a very heavy steel wire and on each end have 2 loops going the the guide foot to wrap.The rod color is black and that is the orginal color.

Would like to bring the rod to you shop and if it is a Harnel,can you refurbish? THANKS

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
They don't all use the heavy white rubber girps but they're to most desireable among the hardcore surf guys. I picked up a couple at a yardsale one time in really great shape for I think $20's each,and sold the pair for over $400. on ebay, I have two in my building with the heavy white grips trying to decide if they're worth haveing restored or sell them as it.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
It did have red/yellow wrappings,but I rewrapped the guide about 30 years ago. It still has one wrapping on it that was not on the guide and it is red/yelllow. Also,when I rewrapped it,I left the orginal guides on. They are made of a very heavy steel wire and on each end have 2 loops going the the guide foot to wrap.The rod color is black and that is the orginal color.

Would like to bring the rod to you shop and if it is a Harnel,can you refurbish? THANKS
Why don't you just take a picture on here and post it? Save you the time of running down if it's not a Harnel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts