·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions, thanks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Build yourself your standard "Bob's Banger" lure. (Foam head with hook and tail style body)...

Insert a large hole on the lower edge of the float you used as the "Head." Into this hole insert a small "Rattle" either metal or Glass.

There you go. Just epoxy up the hole and you have a rattling banger...

Thanks,
and
GoNavy

[ 06-13-2006, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: GoNavy ]

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
John, I would drill a hole in foam float and silicone it in place. makes your popper float much lower in the water. I made one that worked pretty well until I lost it on a sod bank one night.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Rubber worm rattles used in bass fishing have a slim profile and can be placed several ways. Like GoNavy said just epoxy or goop the hole and your set. I've been trying to make one sound like a Smack-it cause they like them! :D

·
Registered
420 Posts
John:
I use soft foam bodies for my poppers. You don't need a really large hole. I usually use a large needle to make the initial hole. I use the smallest glass rattles, available fairly cheap in the Bass Pro catalog, they do come in larger sizes but the small ones add little weight to the fly. I'll use either 5 minute epoxy or Zap-A-Gap to hold it in place or you can even push it in so it's completely inside the fly.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the ideas everyone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
GB,
Can also insert the glass worm rattles into crease flies, balsa wood bodies, etc. Also, try using them them in non-popper, streamer type flies...eg: deceiver and clouser flies...tie to hook shank and wrap with flash. Very effective.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts