BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 271 Posts

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You won't see me with a huge bass unless I know it's a world record - because I'm letting the huge one's go.

I have a digital camera, and that's good enough.

Too many big ones wind up as bragging rights at the dock - and don't get filleted and eaten because there " old meat "...

I just read that even holding the huge ones upright out of the water can cause the internal organs to separate - because there not meant to be extended that way and are actually set up to be in the water - not out.

Cradle the big ones in your arms if your letting it go, or keep it in the water.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Yes, well spoken men! But, on the second hand, I caught a 55lber two years ago with capt. kobey and vinnie and ate it and was very upset with myself for keeping it!! It tasted like poo, so I gave it to some friends. :p

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
BP50 said:
Keep killin the spawners an in 5 years we all will wish for a 30.
if i caught big fish on a regular basis i wouldnt
but ive had 1 33#
so if i wenmt out tomorrow and caught a 50# it would die and it will get eaten tasty or not

·
Banned
1,126 Posts
Not to burst anyones bubble.. but a 50lb fish is so old that is doesnt even spawn any longer...

Not sure of the exact age but once they get so big and old they are usless anyway... We do not see big bass anymore not because the 50lbers are caught.. Chit kill em all it dont matter a darn bit..

It is when we catch the 20lbers and take them..

But then again who wouldnt..
I am not one to be a critic... if it is legal take it as someone once said..

someone once posted a pic on another site of a 125lb mako.. Some bonehead came on and said hey keep killing babys and while your at it start keeping 28.000001" striped bass too.

the moral off my off track story is that they are LEGAL!!

Even if it tastes like poopy! chances are they are not doing anythingbut eating all the bunker anyway!

Filet em and steam it for the cat.. or take it to your local japanese joint and tell them OOOOOOO Wery big Fwish! We Want Eat That Fwish!

They pay you twop dwollar fwor that fwish!

lol hahah

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i havent got a fifty , but i hope that if i do, i can take pictures of it with my father ,weight it and let it go. i told him last season that i want to do that, so now we just have to do it!!!! bb

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I let you know when it come over the gunnel:rolleyes: . Most likely goin back in the drink.....

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
bgreene - you go!!! if you find yourself in that spot and can make that decision more power to you. my first over 50lb from the surf is gonna be wall art. Since I release a large % of the keepers I catch, Im not gonna lose a wink of sleep over it either.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
why

to each his own but why kill a old grand ma . a picture is worth a thoundsand words and would work just fine for me

·
Registered
8,087 Posts
I would let it go....Cat Fish Hunter man:):)

In all seriousness...I'm out there for A) The sport and the fun...and B) to catch a few to eat....I don't need about 25# of striper meat....nope don't need it....

I would snap a picture and send it back on its way as well...not that it's right or wrong but I personally don't see the need...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I Have A Personal Gold In Life To Catch A 50# Or Better Before I Pass On. If And When It Happens I'll Proubly Fall Over Dead And The Fish Will Get Away. Or I'll Die Releasing It.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Well

bgreene said:
You won't see me with a huge bass unless I know it's a world record - because I'm letting the huge one's go.

I have a digital camera, and that's good enough.

Too many big ones wind up as bragging rights at the dock - and don't get filleted and eaten because there " old meat "...

I just read that even holding the huge ones upright out of the water can cause the internal organs to separate - because there not meant to be extended that way and are actually set up to be in the water - not out.

Cradle the big ones in your arms if your letting it go, or keep it in the water.
Bennett you actually have to catch a Striper first and from your reports a 50 seems just a dream man:p ,LOL I would filet it and feed my family with it.Just trim off the dark meat and it would be fine,The 51 lber I caught tasted just as good as the 30's and 40's.The best ones are the Slots and we cant keep them anymore,,HRL

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dont know what i would do, I release alot of the fish i catch, but a 50 lber,:rolleyes: probably have to bring that one home and parade it around town for braggin rights :D , a picture in this case isnt worth a thousand words!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
sportfishingusa said:
Not sure of the exact age but once they get so big and old they are usless anyway... We do not see big bass anymore not because the 50lbers are caught.. Chit kill em all it dont matter a darn bit..
Don't matter a darn bit huh? Pretty damn selfish opinion if ya ask me. What about others that might have a shot at catchin a 50? Or what about that fish gettin to world record class? Or what about taking your son/daughter/cousin/friend etc. and having them catch a fish of a lifetime?

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
I will tag and release.....and when its caught as a world record, I will get some props :)

1 - 20 of 271 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.