BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the cost of the pass????
and what do i need to know lol who will show me the do and do nots ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Back to the Beach

Quick question. I want to get back into bank and surf fishing. stopped along time ago, been on boats for awhile. Just wanted to know whats the protocal, cause I dont want to step on anybodys toes. I know spots but also know that guys dont like new people either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,223 Posts
Hey Smitty
This is right from the web site of the park.




The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach:
  1. Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
  2. Tire Pressure Gauge capable of registering down to 5 psi or below.
  3. Full size Spare Tire
  4. Workable Jack plus a support board (3/4" x 12" x 12" minimum) I carry a piece of Douglas Fir, 1-½" thick x 12" wide x 30" long.
  5. Tow Line - minimum 14 foot long: Rope 3/4", Chain (5/16" diameter links min.) or Snatch Line (1-½" wide) or braided steel cable (1/4" min.)
  6. Shovel (Not a plastic toy beach shovel)
  7. Flashlight
  8. Fire Extinguisher
  9. Auto First Aid Kit
  10. Litter/Trash Bag (Carry In/Carry Out)
  11. Minimum of 3/4's tank of Fuel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
as for do and the do nots,, hehe,,,, know the vehicle the ranger drives,, I know its white,,looks like ford explorer,chevy,?,don't drive over 10mph when visable,, when you see no one driving fast is fun ,,but not when approaching fishers,, unless you know'em,,just kidding of course,obey speed limit,,there will be some dips you don't sea.,good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
Rick..still casting said:
as for do and the do nots,, hehe,,,, know the vehicle the ranger drives,, I know its white,,looks like ford explorer,chevy,?,don't drive over 10mph when visable,, when you see no one driving fast is fun ,,but not when approaching fishers,, unless you know'em,,just kidding of course,obey speed limit,,there will be some dips you don't sea.,good luck
btw, the rangers take radar on the beach, and the ones that dont get caught get at least a 6oz sinker thrown at them by us, tagged at least 5 trucks last year, too many a-holes flying up and down the beach looking to mug a spot and with kids on the beach someone is going to get hurt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
oldsalts said:
Hey Smitty
This is right from the web site of the park.




The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach:
  1. Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
  2. Tire Pressure Gauge capable of registering down to 5 psi or below.
  3. Full size Spare Tire
  4. Workable Jack plus a support board (3/4" x 12" x 12" minimum) I carry a piece of Douglas Fir, 1-½" thick x 12" wide x 30" long.
  5. Tow Line - minimum 14 foot long: Rope 3/4", Chain (5/16" diameter links min.) or Snatch Line (1-½" wide) or braided steel cable (1/4" min.)
  6. Shovel (Not a plastic toy beach shovel)
  7. Flashlight
  8. Fire Extinguisher
  9. Auto First Aid Kit
  10. Litter/Trash Bag (Carry In/Carry Out)
  11. Minimum of 3/4's tank of Fuel
I think that's a 1/4 tank:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oldsalts said:
Hey Smitty
This is right from the web site of the park.




The following eleven (11) items are MANDATORY in order to drive a 4 X 4 on the beach:
  1. Fishing Equipment (rod & reel), Tackle/Bait for each person over the age of 12!
  2. Tire Pressure Gauge capable of registering down to 5 psi or below.
  3. Full size Spare Tire
  4. Workable Jack plus a support board (3/4" x 12" x 12" minimum) I carry a piece of Douglas Fir, 1-½" thick x 12" wide x 30" long.
  5. Tow Line - minimum 14 foot long: Rope 3/4", Chain (5/16" diameter links min.) or Snatch Line (1-½" wide) or braided steel cable (1/4" min.)
  6. Shovel (Not a plastic toy beach shovel)
  7. Flashlight
  8. Fire Extinguisher
  9. Auto First Aid Kit
  10. Litter/Trash Bag (Carry In/Carry Out)
  11. Minimum of 3/4's tank of Fuel

holly crap think it was cheper to keep the boat....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
839 Posts
I knew I may get a remark on my post, the fact is I don't do stupid stuff when people are on beach,,never,, wouldn't put someone else in harms way,,and your comment wasn't a personal assault towards me,, my retort was a little tongue in cheek,, driving on is a privilege we pay for that can be revoked for idiot behavior,, I just happen to go on during times of year when you're the only there,, no fish no people,,in the next few weeks that place will light up with fish and people,,
I strongly say be careful,, many groups w/ children/dogs/kites- darting about right along the track we drive on,, along w/ people coming out of the walkway dunes.
bring a real shovel. the on and off spots change when bathing beach opens,clearly signed, there are 2 place to inflate your tires learn where they are,spend the $$$ and get those semi-auto tire deflatters.another thing I like to bring, those large detergent dispensers filled w/water/little soap, binoculars.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
striperscott said:
btw, the rangers take radar on the beach, and the ones that dont get caught get at least a 6oz sinker thrown at them by us, tagged at least 5 trucks last year, too many a-holes flying up and down the beach looking to mug a spot and with kids on the beach someone is going to get hurt.
your post is ,how can i say this,:eek: ,throwing 6oz pieces of lead at trucks who are speeding ,you say you hit 5 trucks w/lead,i'm lost for words right now,in one sentence you say lots of kids on the beach you don't want anyone to get hurt ,but yet your chucking sinkers at people's vehicle's:confused: don't you think your putting those people in harms way?how about writing down or remembering those people's plate numbers as in the next time you see the ranger stop him and tell the #and truck describtion... think before you react
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
obviously those "people" have already put themselves in harms way by doing 30 down the beach;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
striperscott said:
btw, the rangers take radar on the beach, and the ones that dont get caught get at least a 6oz sinker thrown at them by us, tagged at least 5 trucks last year, too many a-holes flying up and down the beach looking to mug a spot and with kids on the beach someone is going to get hurt.
Oh boy , That's not to nice, some one can get hurt:confused: , you just might hit the wrong persons truck with that 6 oz sinker, it might cause problems for you .:eek:
Two wrongs don't might it right ;)
Take the plate down and call the ranger.
This is a not so nice topic.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
striperscott said:
btw, the rangers take radar on the beach, and the ones that dont get caught get at least a 6oz sinker thrown at them by us, tagged at least 5 trucks last year, too many a-holes flying up and down the beach looking to mug a spot and with kids on the beach someone is going to get hurt.
This message will be at the main gate of the park office on Saturday and will see how well you know the 3 rangers, Nice of you to leave your sticker number # 270 I also take matter into my own hands, Have a nice day. Scott
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top