BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove the beach from Gillikins to the jetty and then back again on Sunday. Seems to me like there is a lot more beach to drive this year. That narrow area between A-19 and A-21 is nice and wide now, and the entrance at A-7 was much wider and no more steep drop-off anymore. I've only been doing this a few years now, but this is the most sand that I have seen in that time. Looks like a lot of new holes and points too.

Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Good to know. We didn't get any real nasty storms this winter to screw the beach up. 2 or 3 yrs ago after all the winter storms it was one big, flat sand bar the whole length.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Did you get crapped on by the 800 birds?:D

The beach looked GREAT yesterday.
I don't think I've ever seen the water that flat....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No bird crap on my head, but I must have stepped in about 1000 piles of it.
What are those round balls of shells out there? Is that some kind of bird crap too, kind of like owl pellets?

·
Registered
65 Posts
yes it was very wide but consider the wind was blowin 20mph out of the west and low tide was around 9:30 am?, around judges shack south you could see the cliffs made by past high tide and that was 100yds from the water so i figured it was the wind, I set up at a few spots,threw some clams for 2 hrs on the incoming and caught a 21" short.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
RickHem said:
No bird crap on my head, but I must have stepped in about 1000 piles of it.
What are those round balls of shells out there? Is that some kind of bird crap too, kind of like owl pellets?
It looked like Seagull puke.
Maybe they just gorge on the shellfish and then upchuck the shells,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts