BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody been to IBSP today? I was just reading somewhere else there there is possibly fuel/oil washing up.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
mdub1226 said:
Anybody been to IBSP today? I was just reading somewhere else there there is possibly fuel/oil washing up.
I really really hope not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree it would suck. Some guy posted a pic on one of the other sites. Said he called the ranger and the EPA. Apparently the rangers said its just sea foam, but brownish/black?

·
Registered
6,862 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sea salt

Word is that its not oil. Sea Salt:confused: . Saw this info on another site.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Oil? Oil? Oil?

Just read that what ever it is its now covering beaches on LBI:mad: . WTF

·
Registered
310 Posts
I saw the video today and believe me if that is sea salt then I'll lube my truck with it.The guy that took the video rub his fingers in it and it looked like oil.I would give the site if allowed.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apparently, that is what it is, brown algae. It went through all channels of response and samples were collected. Brown Algae.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
There is a guy who posts on theother site. His screen name is digger. He is a ranking member of the NJ EPA response team for hazardous material spills.
Read whatever he posts because you can take it to the bank.

·
Registered
357 Posts
It's algae. If it was oil, it would have stuck to the "BionicOnes" fingers.;) You see it all the time after a 3 or 4 day NE blow...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Looks like a brown algae bloom to me based on that video and the NE blow we had for a few days.

Btw, is that Vince (Bay Stalker) narrarating that video?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts