BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my two other buddies went out icin yesterday and caught a mixed bag. We probably caught about 60-70 fish between the 3 of us consisting of, perch, gills, trout, and bass. Sum were a little on the small side but we kept sum because we were hungry for fish. Also went out today a little in the morning and caught sum keeper crappies and sum gills, and perch, and a bass. All in all two great days on the ice.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
That's very cool, no pun intended. I'd have to believe those fish taste fantastic comming out of that ice cold water. I'm curious, what did you use for bait? I've heard of using minnows, wax worms and I guy I used to know would use some kind of little maggot looking worm he'd find in galls on plants were he fished. Good job, looks like fun.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes its lots of fun. And i caught mine on a tear drop jig tipped with a wax worm, but my fiend caught a couple on a spoon jig called a sweedish pimple. To be exact there called Moon Jigs they work very well. u guys should try ice fishing out, its a blast. And I just ate them for lunch and they were great. I like panfish the best. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.