BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky today to have a charter with a new client named Chuck Many. He is a dedicated striper fisherman from North Jersey and had some great tales about fishing big bass with live bunker. However, he had never caught one chunking and came down to do just that and to learn about how we do it down here. He succeeded on both goals. We dropped the hook at 6:30 and after a bit, the line came tight as the tide started to run. shortly thereafter, Chuck boated a nice 37" fish which we kept for my wife. He explained that he loved to catch bass but did not like to keep the really big fish and did not want any to take home himself. Soon we had another nice fish- a 27 1/2" slot fish and I knew that my wife will be ecstatic. We had a lull and then, the #5 rod went off, and Chuck latched on to it.

We netted the fish- a 41" slob, and Chuck posed with the critter.

He then said," Let's put her back." and so we did.

Not 10 minutes later, the same rod went off again and chuck was up to the battle.

after a strong fight I slipped a net under a gorgeous 44" fish.

The fish was healthy in spite of having a rather strange mouth.

Of course, you never can get enough of a good thing, so, Chuck sent her back to fight again.

We had a great day and a really great time together. It sure is nice to have someone on board that understands and appreciates these great fish. If you have never released a big striper, take it from me, it is a great feeling to watch them swim away. am pretty sure that Chuck was impressed with our fishing down here and I am glad that I was the one to introduce him to it! I look forward to future trips with him and his son.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have had the pleasure of fishing with Chuck many times,to date I've never seen him keep a fish. They don't come any better. Chuck we need to talk grego

[ 11-15-2005, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: HapiDaze ]

·
Registered
7,892 Posts
Nice to see a real sportsman. It is people like that know and appreciate good fishing and do their part to make sure it will always be good. Nice job putting him on the fish. With a good camera it will last a life time. Well done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Grego/Rick

Give me a buzz. Probably going out Friday and Friday night. Did real good at Ambrose on Friday night eelin'.

Congrats on the ASA win. Certainly well deserved.

Chuck

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
But how do you fill the cooler throwing fish back??? If the cooler isn't full, how do you know if the trip was a good one or not...???

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I think that is awesome ! he was with the right skipper to boot.good job Capy

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was a blast that day. Chuck fishes the ASA up around Sandy Hook as I recall and finished 2nd in his own boat last year, I believe. Betcha saw him there Chilly. Fly Ty R- I guess you don't fill a cooler that way but it sure fills you with all kinds of good feelings and that beats the heck out of anything else as you, I believe, already know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I fished with Chuck in NC caught over 100 fish on a charter and he only let them keep three. Surprised he let you have two. You must of showed him a great day. Chille Chuck is from up north, great guy and one of the best with eels and plugs I know.

[ 11-15-2005, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: HapiDaze ]

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Originally posted by CHILLY:
i knew i saw him somewhere before. ;)
hmmmmmmmm was thinking the same thing :confused: ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts