BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,if you only had one fly to pick from,and had to survive on the fish you catch with it..pick for catchability,versatility,and modt widest range of different species,all from the same fly!!! What Would It BE??????????

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
For survival I would use a jiggie, for fun a popper. You can catch almost all fish on a jiggie from the surface to the bottom. With the longer shank hook there is less of a chance to get bit off and starving to death. Would like to have wire leader just in case.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ray i hear ya,so we'll say one fly with an unlimited supply of them.... ;)oh yeah i forgot,Mine would be a clouser minnow :D

[ 01-25-2004, 04:03 PM: Message edited by: VDAWG ]

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
CLOUSER Any color you want as long as it is green & white. Ron

·
Registered
298 Posts
to conserve prescious bodily fluids, and because i am lightly complected, i would only fish at night. therefore, i would pick a 4" black clouser tied on a treble hook. when i got through deluding myself that i could survive by fishing with it, i could snag small creatures instead. if you think an albie makes the drag sing, a mongoose is like mariah carey on crystal meth.

jason

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THW,your a freekin nut :D LOL

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Weighted whooly bugger, in all sizes. I'm assuming you mean one pattern, not one fly
. A WB can imitate anything, fresh or saltwater, depending on how it's fished and its colors. Hands down, that would be my choice.

·
Registered
15,362 Posts
Originally posted by Brian E. Mullaney:
Glad you think so Skip - I'm bringing some to the Fest for ya.
Awesome Brian,

Thanks alot man....They worked awesome this past fall when we jigging them up the beach front and it the rips!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
Originally posted by THECHUMSTAIN:
grass shrimp fly, what don't eat grass shrimp? also works as a tease with a bucktail. :cool:
John - are you bringing Grass Shrimp in the aquarium on Sat??? - me love to eat them - I will keep mini stain entertained eating them. Jodi will watch him the rest of the night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts