BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I RECEIVED ALOT OF REPLYS ON WHAT KIND OF POPPERS TO PURCHASE SO I BOUGHT QUITE A FEW. I WENT OUT SUNDAY NIGHT THROWING EVERYTHING AND ONLY CATCHING SMALL BLUES HOWEVER LAST NIGHT I FISHED THE SAME SPOTS AND STUCK WITH A MIRROLURE I THINK IT IS THE T111 SERIES AND KILLED THE WEAKIES AND STRIPERS. STRIPERS WERE NOT HUGH BUT CAUGHT ALOT. WAS WONDERING WHAT LURE YOU GUYS WOULD USE IF YOU ONLY HAD ONE. BY THE WAS IF ANYONE FISHES CHANNEL THE SECOND LIGHT ALL THE WAY TO THE RIGHT HAS ONE OF MY MIRROLURES TANGLED ON IT.

[ 09-29-2004, 09:20 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
flukesnatcher:
I think that you would better serve yourself to stick with one or two lures each outing and experiment with presentation, speed, angles etc. than going through your bag looking for that magic lure. The knowledge you will gain from
seeing just how that lure can work will pay off in the long run. I'm not saying just pick any two lures out of the bag, but try to pick those that are applicable to conditions. It seemed to work for you with the mirror lure.

If I had to pick one lure it would be a jighead and fin-s. When I throw topwater its usually a bomber or a smack-it popper. The rest of my plugs usually stay in the bag.

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
With this storm pushing the mullet in, any lure looking as a mullet would be a winner. Party up on the storm, it won't last forever. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Originally posted by earlybird:
It depends on the time of year, but over the
next few months...4" black/purple bomber.
I second that. Black at night. Silver and black back for day. Old school Danny plugs too.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
For Me, It Depends on WHERE I am fishing off
the Land.....And Most Times At Night....

1.) Bridge Fishing - BubbleGum SaltySuperFluke
by ZOOM,with a 1/2oz
Kalin LeadHead...

2.) BackBays (ICW) - 4" Black/Purple Bomber
Minnow Swimming Lure

3.) Surf - ATOM- Blue/White Popper

[ 09-29-2004, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
For Me, It Depends on WHERE I am fishing off
the Land.....And Most Times At Night....

1.) Bridge Fishing - BubbleGum SaltySuperFluke
by ZOOM,with a 1/2oz
Kalin LeadHead...

2.) BackBays (ICW) - 4" Black/Purple Bomber
Minnow Swimming Lure

3.) Surf - ATOM- Blue/White Popper
Can't be said any better. I tried to make that very same question almost scientific :rolleyes: essentially through trial and error and a touch of data analysis and that's what I came up with. I would still fish a lighted bridge with a whitie if that's all I had. WITHOUT question a black or purple bomber in the dark no matter where you are will OUTFISH other lures. You will still catch with others. I do almost all bait from the surf unless there is a blitz, good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts