BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Small profile swimmers, yozuris etc.
Rubber on a 1/2 or 3/8 oz jighead.

Catch em up, let me know the water temps down there, e-mail if you want, I'm dying to take my kayak out.

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Between 2 bridges, near dock lights, inside an inlet, with sod banks....in the middle of the night via kayak...

what lures would you bring?

just trying to better my odds here :D
I would find a nice flat and dig some sand worms!!!Then I would fish somewhere with a shallow sandy to muddy bottom near a channel.Or just e-mail joesfishinproblem tell him I sent you he'll take you out and you'll catch fish!!Let me know how you do!!!

FC

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I'll be heading out this Saturday night. I'd love to take the yak out, but the water is way too cold and I don't have a drysuit. My plan is to hit some bridges way in the back and maybe a sod bank. I'll be throwing my normal offering.....white grub on a small jighead. I'll keep my eye out for other Barners.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
water temp? no fish finder...im going old school, so i won't know the exact temp.

this is gunna be a last minute trip, so bait is outta the question.

and i was figuring small plastics on small jig heads...was wondering if anything else would do the trick. maybe small bucktails with gulp?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
water temp? no fish finder...im going old school, so i won't know the exact temp.

this is gunna be a last minute trip, so bait is outta the question.

and i was figuring small plastics on small jig heads...was wondering if anything else would do the trick. maybe small bucktails with gulp?

Nothing would locate fish faster than a nice juicy sand worm drifted in the current, once you find the fish switch over to small plastics on the Jig head and carpet the bottom.

Live 2 Fish
<><
Forced 2 Work

·
Registered
839 Posts
berkley 2" or 3" penny shrimp,depending on how the water is moving would dictate how I present it,2/0hook as a teaser or on a jig type style,to get it low and depending on water flow a 3"crazyeye pearlshad as delivery system. obviously moved very slowly up/down the water column along light shadow line.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
berkley 2" or 3" penny shrimp,depending on how the water is moving would dictate how I present it,2/0hook as a teaser or on a jig type style,to get it low and depending on water flow a 3"crazyeye pearlshad as delivery system. obviously moved very slowly up/down the water column along light shadow line.
know where i can find a good line like that???:D

in all seriousness i will be making a trip somewhere this weekend or early next week. i like what i see in the weather and just have to see the tide charts to plot my course. matt, email me about when you are going out. this time of year it's a pink zoom, assasin, fins..whatever on a light jighead. reel fast enough to take in line and not faster.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Bloodworms.
Black Mambo minnow.
Storm Shads.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
know where i can find a good line like that???:D

in all seriousness i will be making a trip somewhere this weekend or early next week. i like what i see in the weather and just have to see the tide charts to plot my course. matt, email me about when you are going out. this time of year it's a pink zoom, assasin, fins..whatever on a light jighead. reel fast enough to take in line and not faster.

will do. im thinking maybe saturday night... you fish out of a yak? or land?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.