BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
custom flyrod racks this past weekend. Anchor mate this coming weekend, low swiven seat, little paint and details. And now with a new colton 6wt to use, those smallies and large mouth will be running for thier lives :D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bounty htr said:
Gas motor or electric only?
for now just electric, may look for a really small gas (transom and weight rating is low). Wonder if they may a 2.5 hp jet drive?

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Nice John. Word to the wise, a little carpet or rubber under your anchor mate to deaden the sound. I have one on my Triton, they're a little noisy. On your boat, unless you take a little effort for sound reduction that thing will sound like a kettle drum every time you deploy or retrive the anchor. Are you planning on comming up to the flats this year?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Flyguy784 said:
Nice John. Word to the wise, a little carpet or rubber under your anchor mate to deaden the sound. I have one on my Triton, they're a little noisy. On your boat, unless you take a little effort for sound reduction that thing will sound like a kettle drum every time you deploy or retrive the anchor. Are you planning on comming up to the flats this year?
Thanks John, good advice. Going to put carpet on the beches too. Amazing how much noise a dropped metal item makes or the banging of a reel.

Thinking of a suqy flats trip. Wanted to last year but it never appeared to be red hot and then it was over. Will use my whaler for that one if I go. Hope to do another Susquehanna trip this summer too, had a blast last summer. Jon boat for this one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I like the way those rod holders look. I wonder if they would work in my 12' Mirro craft? That would keep my rod tips from bouncing against the gunwhales and front seat.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
Nice holders! I'll just have to steal that idea for my mud runner. :)

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
John, now that I've seen your smallie flies, I don't think those rods will be in those holders much! they'll be way too busy fighting fish!!!!:D

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dixie noormiss said:
John, now that I've seen your smallie flies, I don't think those rods will be in those holders much! they'll be way too busy fighting fish!!!!:D
thanks and I hope so too:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts