BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1st day out on the boat will be April 1st, where will the stripers be in Sandy Hook bay? Im guessing the back bay, but is there any other spots?

they wouldnt be in the ocean yet, right?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Try clamming or drifting worms in shallow water around high tide. Once the bait moves in get out in deeper water and start chunking bunker. You'll know where to go by looking for boats. Look for a dark blue blackfin, I here those guys know how to find em.
Traveler

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TRAVELER SPORTFISHING said:
Try clamming or drifting worms in shallow water around high tide. Once the bait moves in get out in deeper water and start chunking bunker. You'll know where to go by looking for boats. Look for a dark blue blackfin, I here those guys know how to find em.
Traveler
Thanks. Wheres the best shallow water striped spot?(is it round shoal because he says its shallow and good on low tide)?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would suggest Romer or just west of Old Orchard. I had good luck there last spring. Clams probably best early April until bunker show up. Could be some bunker by Great Kills soon. My boat will be in in 2 weeks and I will be out there as well. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
50pounder said:
I would suggest Romer or just west of Old Orchard. I had good luck there last spring. Clams probably best early April until bunker show up. Could be some bunker by Great Kills soon. My boat will be in in 2 weeks and I will be out there as well. Good Luck!!
You too. Also, I hear Great Kills has bunker already.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I went to Union Beach to test swim some plugs I carved and saw a kid walking off with a few bunker he snagged - so they are there too.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TRAVELER SPORTFISHING said:
I talking along the beaches. Anywhere from South Amboy to Keansburg in 8 to 15 feet. But dont tell everyone OK.
lol, ok. Thanks for the help :cool:

I wonder when the blues will come.. Everything is coming early this year, hopefully they do :D

·
Registered
234 Posts
FisherMan120 said:
lol, ok. Thanks for the help :cool:

I wonder when the blues will come.. Everything is coming early this year, hopefully they do :D
Glad to hear bunker are in. Not looking to rush the blues in though. Last year the blues came in really early and made bass fishing very tough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts