BASS BARN banner

In$ufi$hent Fund$ New Amera Trail Trailer

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  ReelyHooked 
#1 · (Edited)
We decided to get a new trailer after having nothing but problems with the previous trailer and trailer company! The Company was unresponsive to phone call after phone call. it was possibly the worst customer service I have had yet in the marine industry. On our trip home from Florida to NJ last spring we bent an axel on the trailer which in turn took us over 38 hours and thousands of dollars. The bent axel caused us to go through 3 hubs and lost 2 tire and rims.
That being said we decided to purchase a new trailer and after hours and hours of research we decided to buy an Amera Trail because of their outstanding customer service and there superior product. The new trailer is a C Channel style which shortens the total length by 6 feet which makes a huge difference when hauling long distances, backing down ramps, and getting gas. The boat also sits on 16 Welded bunks as compared to 4 bolted with the old I-Beam trailer, distributing the weight much more evenly and giving a better ride. All of the hardware on the Amera Trail was much more robust as well including the jack post and Safety Hardware. I would just like to Thank Scott at Amera Trail for taking such good care of us in such short notice.

#6 ·
Yes that is what I was asking. I used a triple axle with bunks probably similar to your old trailer and the tires would float the trailer. Made loading the boat like shooting a moving target unless someone was able to steady the trailer.

#5 ·
Hey guys,

I have noticed you guys a lot when I am out fishing for bass.... I always wondered if you guys charter, were a pro team, or just had a kick a$$ paint job on a personal boat!

Thanks, oh and for what its worth, I always see you guys hoisting fish over the rail!

#9 ·
Thanks for the reply. I now think that it must have floated due to the angle of the ramp. The ramp was very steep so the wheels were completely submerged to get approx 2/3 of the boat close to the water. It really only happened when we used a ramp in Cape May. I trailered my last boat for 11 years and am considering a new one which I would need a dual or triple axle for and a good trailer makes the job much easier. Thanks again for all the info.

#15 ·
school me

I'm confused about this statement...

The new trailer is a C Channel style which shortens the total length by 6 feet which makes a huge difference when hauling long distances, backing down ramps, and getting gas

how does having a different style frame shorten the length by 6 feet?

help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.