BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished probably the warmest part of the day today from 2:00-4:30PM and the fish were snappin although it took a bit to find them. Went 8 for 10 on bass(5) and picks(3). No real good ones, but who cares it was great to get out after a long miserable winter. All fish were caught on #2 and #3 Mepps Aglias fished in 2.5 - 3.5' of water which topped out at a chilly 47.4 degrees. Hope to be back at it again tomorrow!:D:D

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Nice job man, hoping to get out tomorrow afternoon, for some of my home grown picks! :D :cool:

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Yea< Thats right I remember my truck was halfway in the water and we still had to push it off. The summer has a BAD floating sludge problem as well. My trolling motor wouldn't push me thru it back to the ramp had to ROW:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea< Thats right I remember my truck was halfway in the water and we still had to push it off. The summer has a BAD floating sludge problem as well. My trolling motor wouldn't push me thru it back to the ramp had to ROW:thumbsdown:
I only fish there late Feb. & early March and even then there is a good amount of that crap in there, summer must be a nightmare!:D

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Thank God my boat had oars with oar locks I would row. move the length of the stroke and stop dead I was pissed! Plus my wife OUTFISHED me that day with a 5lb lunker. Straight across from the ramp towards that oppisite bank was some sort of structure I can remember what it was but she caught it there. Its all good:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Indian Mills Report

My son wanted to do some freshwater fishing after school today. So we decided to try our luck @ Indian Mills lake. We banked fished.. First time I've ever fished this place. Lake seems to be shallow for the most part. Didn't see much life in there except turtles and ducks. I threw rubber worms, Lindy lil Joes ect. Drifted live night crawlers below the spillway with out a touch. I hear that it was once a excellent crappie lake.. Is this true?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.