BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i was wondering if anyone has fished the inlet lately??? was thinking of taking a ride down to visit my Dad, and maybe fishing the inlet overnight???

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have been fishing the inlet about twice a week for the last three weeks. Stripers are starting to bite during the day up around the bridge piles around high tide. Live spot is the ticket, but most of them are small. Bigger stripers are being taken at night. 3-4 lb blues are running through the inlet on the incoming. Flounder have been real slow. I have caught about ten the last three trips on live peanuts, but they were all too small.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
WhiteBucket,
Welcome to the BassBarn.Com,
Glad To Have You Aboard.......

Thanks For That IRI Report..

And SeaSwirl, If you have the opportunity to wet a line tonight, I would suggest to do it...

Good Luck,,,,

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whitebucket, thanks for the report, i will have to try it when i get down there??
Nightstrikes, it wont be tonight, maybe this weekend if the bay is to rough for me to get out??

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Ron, Thats Great I really like to keep in touch with the area you have been fishing lately so keep us posted on the happenings if this is sort of your home turf.. Thanks Again....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by seaswirl:

Nightstrikes, it wont be tonight, maybe this weekend if the bay is to rough for me to get out??
Cool, let us know how you make out....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Gonna give the inlet a shot Sat. evening and EARLY Sunday morning before the boat traffic gets bad. Had surgery for a hernia about 6 weeks ago so I haven't been fishing IRI but I did manage to fill the bait pens with spot. Gonna try for some resident fish with the spot. If you see a Boston Whaler Montauk with the name Reel Thing on the side stop by and say hi. Hopefully the guys in it will have thier rods bent over fighting fish. Good Luck---Barry K.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I'll be fishing IRI on Halloween weekend. I got a couple of stripers there last year at night. Nice area.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'll keep my eye out for you capbar, take a thrownet and load up on a few peanuts by the N. shore marina entrance. I've been getting all I want there for the last few weeks now. I should be out there Sunday morning also. I'll be in my "White Bucket". Thanks for the welcome, Reel-ality.

Ron

·
Registered
394 Posts
Originally posted by ReadyJettyGo:
I'll be fishing IRI on Halloween weekend. I got a couple of stripers there last year at night. Nice area.
rog,
looking forward to fishing IRI again this year with you guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts