BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Fished the inlet Memorial weekend. Lots of tog, decent sizes. All caught on sand crabs. Saw some guys using white worms. Stop at the Inlet bait shop, they will hook you up with the correct bait. Also tried the 4r's beach-notta. Tough fishing on the inlet jetty, lots of snags. Make sure you have plenty of rigs. :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Heard of a hell of a bite at Roosevelt w/ striped and blues. Nightime between 8 and midnight.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Fished IRI on Sat, June 4 - Overcast and misty all morning. Caught 3 blue fish at end of flood tide, (got there late in am), and fished for fluke the rest of the outgoing - no keepers - in the back bay - Gull and Burton Islands... Back to the inlet for beginning of incoming, around 3 pm and put another 12 in the box between the two of us. Fished 1 oz white bucktails in the inlet under the birds, and thru the rips. Ate our fill of fried bues for dinner.

Fished Sunday after boat repairs in the morning, few hits but no fish landed of any size... one striper 18" in the inlet and a 25+ blue to the boat and bite off.... nothing to clean on Sunday and got by Dover before the 140,000 fans hit the highway.

Water in the inlet about 63 degrees.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Lotsa blues around. Had about 20 on Sunday in Rehobeth Bay plus 1 20" flounder. All caught on plugs. Blues were a little smaller this weekend, 3-5 lbs. Previous weekend we had blues to 33". Water was full of grass on the outgoing and hard to fish but good on incoming. Water clarity in Rehobeth Bay has been incredible, can see bottom in 6-7 ft. Pretty clear for water thats usually more on the turbid side. Also had some short stripers but nothing over 20".

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Lead,
That's why I bailed the weekend. I've been stuck in that mess to freakin' often.
I'm starting a new job next week where I'm only going to work 3 days a week. SCHWEET, eh??!!!!! Locking it up just in time for the fall action. I can't *#$^#@in' wait!!!!!
I'll be hitting it next week, gotta take a shot at blues on a fly in the AM by the outer wall. Call us on 9 if you're out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts