BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any options for tonight. It looks like it is supposed to lighen up but the tides are gonna be extremley high or ripping. I'm debating on wether or not to head out. Is anyone else making an attempt?

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Ill be out there on sat night. I dont care what the conditions are. ive been planing it for 2 weeks now. I say, aslong as its not rippin too bad give it a try. You can always turn back.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You gotta be kiddin!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Yeah, I think I will Be Bagging The Surf This Weekend and hitting the backbays,not tonight but tomorrow night.The surf might be fishable if you can find someone selling surf clams,they might be hard to find with this past weeks weather and none of the boats getting out..
Not expecting all that much but I want to see what the conditions and bait situation is still around in the backwater. I think in about two weeks the backbays will really turn on.

·
Registered
930 Posts
If you're fishing bait, how are you going to hold bottom??? With the tides, waves and currents the way they are right now, I don't even know if 12oz will hold!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I don't know if it's worth the drive. Sun early am I'm going no matter what. I'm just itching to get out. I'm working tomorrow night before I fish so maybe I'll be better off getting a good night sleep tonight instead of trying to burn the candle at both ends. I'll be doing plenty of that in the next couple months so I'm thinking I should save myself.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Originally posted by cam:
If you're fishing bait, how are you going to hold bottom??? With the tides, waves and currents the way they are right now, I don't even know if 12oz will hold!
Your right cam,it will take alot to hold more so today and tomorrow.Sunday might not be too bad..

But I was watching a fishermen earlier in the week working the heavy tide,current and waves bait fishing with clam and this was how he was doing it.. First trying to deadstick and hold bottom with the clam was almost impossible.So what he was doing was casting a BIG Glob of Clam
out with only a small 2oz Bank Sinker and just letting the clam drift thru wash back to shore .Now ofcourse his bait was only in the water for seconds but by continuing to make cast after cast he was keeping that bait in the strike zone. Remember
you do not need to be casting out that far,alot of times the Bass are in close to the beach. It was alot of work but he seemed to know what he was doing and likely has had success fishing those types of conditions before like that. It was almost as if he was plugging a lure the way he kept fishing that clam...

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by NIGHTSTRIKES:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by cam:
Your right cam,it will take alot to hold more so today and tomorrow.Sunday might not be too bad..

But I was watching a fishermen earlier in the week working the heavy tide,current and waves bait fishing with clam and this was how he was doing it.. First trying to deadstick and hold bottom with the clam was almost impossible.So what he was doing was casting a BIG Glob of Clam
out with only a small 2oz Bank Sinker and just letting the clam drift thru wash back to shore .Now ofcourse his bait was only in the water for seconds but by continuing to make cast after cast he was keeping that bait in the strike zone. Remember
you do not need to be casting out that far,alot of times the Bass are in close to the beach. It was alot of work but he seemed to know what he was doing and likely has had success fishing those types of conditions before like that. It was almost as if he was plugging a lure the way he kept fishing that clam...
</font>[/QUOTE]My main fear w/ a technique like that is having too much slack on the line and not feeling the hits... :confused:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by TheAdamBomb:
Ya' never know 'till you go! Go get 'em, Marty. Can't wait for the rip action to start up.
Me neither, can't wait to get out ther with ya Adam.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I got out this morning for first time in 3 days and found 3 short bass 18-22-23 "
Water is cleaner than I would have thought but there is a lot of grass
I think bass are here but catching will be tough until wind drops out a little.Tides will remain high for next couple of days.
Top of the tide look out for trash in the water ,I came across a 6x 6 log 19 ft long that was slightly submerged

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by nospot2fsh:
Lucky you saw that log BW, could have done some bad damage.
Heck he only goes 1.5knots... Today he was going slower, I'll bet on it... Bill.. You da man!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Tides on the beach were just as high this evening as yesterday. The back was not quite as high but still extreme.Wind has shifted a little more to NNW. Tons of debris everywhere. Like Willie said, if you go out, look out out there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts