BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

The striped one's and winter flat one's are on the bite,looks for things to break wide open real soon.And the arrival of the blue and fanged one's as well this month..

Don't forget Daylight Savings Begins Sat.4/2 - Set those clocks ahead and take full advantage of the extra sunshine each day..

Everyone Have A Great Week... Catch'Em Up...

[ 03-31-2006, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Strikes,

Looking forward to another great season. Good luck this year, catch'em up.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Steve,
we need to post some reports real soon. It's been a loooong winter

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Mike,

I intend to this weekend. Don't know whether I'll catch anything but there will be a report by Monday.

You going to be down my neck of the woods?

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Originally posted by snichols:
Mike,

I intend to this weekend. Don't know whether I'll catch anything but there will be a report by Monday.

You going to be down my neck of the woods?
Steve, have you talked to Beachboy lately?
I may come down during the week.
Sometime during the late afternoon.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
RJG...no , but I've been meaning to call him. I hope to get out with him this weekend if he is down.

If you go, I would try the 2nd half of the outgoing...warmer water and what little bait is around should be coming out of the creeks.

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Hey guys i finally found a consistent bass bite last night although it only lasted about a 1/2 hour thanks to a tip from another barner FishHunt we knew the fish were there, thanks for the tip John! The tide was ripping so hard last night that the fish were only biting at the beginning and end of the tides when the tide slowed up, we got our fish just before low tide, and the beginning of the incoming, between me and FisherJim we had 9 striped Bass up to 26 inches and my first Fluke of the year at 19 inches" i hated to have to throw that one back" all the fish were caught on 7 inch crystal shad asassin's, it was nice to finally get some decent fishing even though it only lasted 1/2 hour, 15 minutes on either side of low tide, i took the water temp right before i left and it was 47 degrees. Jim

·
Registered
278 Posts
Here we go Steve...I love spring for the fact that there is A breif period of anticipation and anxiousness ...THAN..ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE... :D Looking forward to it and hope to see some of you on the water..Good luck and be safe...Pazman

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Fished the entire outgoing Friday morning into afternoon. Fished the first half at a creek mouth with no touches and moved for the second half. Lost a nice striper real quick cause my net couldnt reach the water. Tied my net to a 7 yard piece of 1 inch square wood that was laying around and landed a 31 incher holding this in one hand. Wasnt the best landing but it worked and no one was there to see me being a jackass.

All fish on fresh clam. Weighed in with Dave and Tammy at Hodge Podge, 11 #.

RyanF

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got one and released it at 34" in the back on clam today about half way through the outgoing. The first of the year for me!

·
Registered
897 Posts
just got back from fishing in back of ac.3 fish up to 23". alot of hits.seemed like a pod of small fish and the 6/0 were just too big.chunking clams.nice night.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Fished from 6:30-10:00 a.m. today, Beesley Point area. Caught four short bass 1-24", 2-17" and 1-14". The 24" I caught using bloodworm on a fishfinder rig made by Sudsrat from AOK tackle.
The other 3 I caught using the GULP Bloody Sandworm, tipped with real bloodworm. The hits were consistent, but no fish of substantial size. I caught the outgoing, and incoming tide. On the nature watch, last week I saw a seal this week was a Bald Eagle. You gotta love the outdoors.

[ 04-02-2006, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Fishenough ]

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Nice going Fishenough. I didn't make it out this weekend - had just got back from Florida and Leaving for NC/SC in a week and a half. I hop[e to make it down next saturday or sunday.

·
Registered
897 Posts
fished off bank today around same spot and landed 2.one keeper at 30" on clams.saw 3 other keepers landed.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Good Job, Nick. We drifted over alot of spots that showed plenty of fish, but didn't get anything. I may abandon the fishfinder for a little while and hit some of my old spots that produced well in the past. I'll be heading out tuesday and wednesday. Hopefully I'll have something to report. Caught my beagle saturday night if that counts. He got a little too curious around one of my rods and got a hook in the nostril. Foul hooked him so I guess that doesn't count.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night fished 11/2 hrs. not a bite. Headed in stopped took 1 last cast and hooked up with a 18" bass. Then headed home. Back of OC top of tide h20 46-49 deg.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My buddy Ron (BassCharger)found a nice bite the other night.We discussed prior to him heading out about the conditions and where exactly to fish.With Flood Tides and Gusty Winds we knew that some of our usual haunts would be un-fishable.Well Ron thought outside of the box and did a little traveling and found some fish..
Working a out-going tide he landed (8)Bass between 16"-27" and a April Fool @34" -

All fish were caught on PINK ZOOMS..

Nice Fish Ron, You Derserved It After Putting In Your Time During March....

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
We are getting little guys up here in the outflow of the oyster creek power plant. No keepers yet but plenty of action at the top of the tide.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went out around 11PM last night and fished till 3AM, it was nice to see striperaholic. I fished the OC area for 3 hours and did catch a thing. I then went to the next area and ended up catching 10 fish from 18" to 24", it sure was fun, I ended up with 3 hours sleep before getting up and driving to philly for work. It is always worth the little sleep when catching fishing is involved.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts