BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
112 Posts
Got out yesterday around 12pm to with green crabs, clam and Macks. NOT ONE FISH!!!!! traveled all around CAPE MAY county. THE WATER was so muddy everywhere I went FROM NWW TO CAPE Points. DID SEE alot of Dolphins out there right about 10 ft from me and the jetty stopped fishing right away so I don't catch one. But yes I didn't get one fish again tried for TOG and stripers but they seemed to have head out during the storms...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Got out yesterday to drift some live herring in the late afternoon. I finally got my first bass just over 28 inches. The weather cleared up nicely, it was perfect just before dark.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Fished Sunday for the last two hours of the incoming. Caught a bunch of two pound blues and one nice flounder. All caught on 1/4 oz bucktails and released for another day. Water was 58 degrees and quite clean considering all the rain. Fished in the back of G.E. bay in 6 to 8 feet of water.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Originally posted by Libation:
Fished behind Avalon on Sunday, chunking clams.
Final tally: 18 clams,2hours fishing, 3 runoffs,1 30" boated, 2 very happy kids!
It's a start Franz

Tide? Depth? Thanks. Be seeing you.
Mike

·
Registered
994 Posts
Splashed the boat yesterday and then threw plugs in Great Bay for about an hour. 7 Blues. Fun fishing after a long winter. Should be wreck fishing by the weekend.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Time: Monday....

Bait: Herring chunks, clam, artificals......

Tide: Outgoing 7-12noon......

Weather: Nasty in the am.....cloudy, low 50's and windy, not a nice morning to be on the water.

Not a productive day for the second time out this year. One half assed run over at anchorage pt on clam. Wind against tide made lousy fishing conditions.Weather was nasty out there this morning.....cold, damp and windy...should have fished the incoming in the afternoon, got real nice as I was leaving, go figure......finally tally....ZIPPO!!!!!!!

[ 04-24-2006, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
186 Posts
Fished GE Inlet area today, around 3PM to 6 PM.... the clouds gave way and there was sun. Slight breeze, maybe 5-10.

Well, I picked up some nice lively herring at Absecon... I think I took too long getting to use them 'cause they developed a bad case of rigor mortis :/

Made the best of it, put them on a hook and let them drift..nothing..

Bounced a bucktail at the same time... I think it was mauled by some small blues...

Went inside at the top of the tide to try for some tog with crabs (have never caught one yet). Nothing...

I saw that Grady w/twin Hondas, too..

Weather & wind were not bad in the afternoon. Water is a little dirty still. Maybe needs a few days to clear up. Good to be out anyways.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished the bottom of the outgoing last night
with Casting disaster. The current was running
especially hard and the water clarity was poor.
We stuck it out for a couple of hours and ended
the night with 4 bass to 24" and 2 blues. We
tried throwing just about everything, but all
our fish were caught on a pink zoom. The water
temps are still hanging in the lower 50's.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Cape May area, 1 Bass 17lbs on Boga, white bucktail, chart worm. Incoming tide in the early, early AM., water still in low 50's, tried light stuff for trout, found none. nice amount of bait in the water though...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
ha striperaholic,that fish did'nt have a big
"hook hole" in it's mouth did it?? :D lost a big fish in the same area sat. night,matt

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.