BASS BARN banner

Inlet & BackBay Fishing Reports - 4/30-5/7 2006

2K views 49 replies 33 participants last post by  Outdoors 
#1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

First Week Of May And Its Shaping Up To Be A Good One..Summer Flounder/Fluke Season opens up this Saturday 5/6,and from what I been hearing there are already some nice ones to be had..

I was able to pick up my first Weakfish of the season the other night marking the second straight year that I did not find them until the last weekend/last day in April..

Met up with some of the guys,Keith,Bruce & Ronny
with hopes that some TideRunners might make a showing during the night.Water Temps in the upper 50's with a Northernly Wind at times made for a cold one but a strong moving in-coming tide kept our interest.Especially after I pulled in a 32"/11lber on the usual Pink Zoom..Shortly after Ron lands a 12lber to take high honors for the night plus another a third of that size and that was really it for the night.Because the action happened so late in the tide and once it died out nothing else happened.We believe they are in there and I consider ourselves lucky we got a couple to open their mouths,but we really need that water temp to bump up a bet more.My quess is that the action with them will become more consistent as the week progreses. We also had a few Bass,and once the tide started heading out some fish started to pop but all really out of range,plenty of bait seem present.

Everyone Have A Great Week,.,,

See less See more
#3 ·
Not much to report, been pitchin storms around some docks, and popin a bit... Only a couple of shorts...Surfs up, gotta bomb before dark. Thank you Beachbuilder!!!! Since the once in a ten year swell hit Avalon on 3/27 we've had waves every Sunday since.. Can't believe how good it's been.Plus the fishing,it's been an Alltime spring!

#5 ·
steve nice fish. friday went down to cape may to look for some weakies found a stiff wind and getting worse fished for 45mins and had to call it quits.friday night fished cape may to ocean city saw a couple poppin but no takers wind seemed to get worse as the night went on.

#10 ·
Nice fish Steve!! I'll be allocating my gas money strictly to the boat this year, so you won't be seeing me to the north. Looking the other day I saw the calendar and moon tides were getting right.

I hope you get that 15 pounder bud. You put the time in.

#11 ·
Thanks Guys,
Catching Even Just One Of These Fanged HeadShaking Pretty Ones Just Makes My Spring.

I wish everyone else trying egual success.
I will be playing C&R from here on out with them
over the next couple of weeks,if they hang that long.Then Further Up North And Locally Trying To Plug Up Some Large Post Spawn Bass...
Stay Tuned..........

#12 ·
Originally posted by Pazman2:
Nice fish there Steve...At least we now know they are around for sure....What type of jig head is that pink one matched up with the zoom?...Thanks Pazman
Thx Buddy, I actually had on one of those pink painted/eyed Lunker City JigHeads on.
1/4oz.

[ 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

#18 ·
Got out of work early yesterday and since the wind set down some , decided to give it a shot. Ended up with 2 nice weakies to 6lbs.Had 1 at about 10lbs, full of roe let her go.Last 2 hours of the falling tide behind Sea Isle.Coast Guard station in T.I. opened Monday,they were doing safety boardings on the few boats that were out make sure you have all your gear.

#19 ·
NIGHTSTRIKES, great fish! Seeing that picture
got my blood flowing. I decided to put your
pink combo to good use...

Went out this morning between 5-6am for the last
of the outgoing. The conditions were good, but
no tiderunners. I still had fun with a couple
slot bass and a blue...

#20 ·
Nice Brent, and by the looks of things even thought all them clams are around,they still want the pink.....

Good Job... Thanks For The Report....

#22 ·
Fished Avalon to OC last night from the beginning to middle of outgoing. Caught 6 bass up to 24" and about 6 2-3lb blues. All fish caught on pinkies.

Also when fishing a bride I saw what looked like a trigger fish right next to a piling in the shadow line. The fish had a huge head, thick body and was about 18-20" in length. The fish was moving face first around the piling and looked to be feeding on the growth around it. I've never seen a trigger fish inshore in 58 degree water before...anyone have any clue what kind of fish it was? :confused:

#24 ·
Fished last night from N. Wildwood to Sea Isle. Incoming tide. Tossed green or pink worms at various locations with a 1/4 - 1/2 oz. jig head. Got a few Blues at one spot, but not much else (unless you count grass). Really nice night out, didn't see to many people out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.