BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

*Please note a Bag Limit Change on Tautog this week.Starting Thur.June 1,2006 the bag limit drops down to only (1)fish a day until after November 14,2006.Min.Length remains @14"

Other then that it looks like some more continued great backbay action is in store this week. Funny over the last few days I likely crossed over many bridges with fish to head to the Surf only to find "Nothing" :D But thats fishing and you can't be in two places at once.

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week....

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I fished behind SH for flatties on Sun.morning 3 hrs of the incoming. NADA. not even a bite.My brother hit the same general area on the outgoing and got 8 keeper fluke, 4 blues and 3 20" bass :rolleyes: Then found out he and a buddy had gotten 9 fluke(3 over 4lbs.) on Sat. on the incoming :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Go figure :confused:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome Tidewater! I snuck out with FizzEd Sunday nightMonday morning to hit the bridges between Wildwood and Avalon. Fished through the fog to find 4-5 short bass and a couple nice blues. It was nice for my first "bridge" trip of the year. I will be trying to get in a flatties trip before this weekend. Get'em Wet! Pig

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cuaght 3 short flounder Mon. morning on the incoming, near Somers Point.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
27 Fluke today with 7 keepers up to 21" ,all the keepers on Berkley Gulp shrimp ,
Look for the fluke on top of the tide in skinny water

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
got out with loosedrag for a few hours this morning in cape may. We got about a dozen weakies. Nothin big, but some nice ones. took 3 home. Also got some blues and hickory shad. I did most of my fish with a 1/4oz bucktail with a white culprit

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Fished behind Avalon, same spot as the last three days, from 11:30 - 1:00 and manged 6 throwbacks the wind against tide crushed me, plus I was a little hung over and my head was pounding in the sun. 1 on minnow, 2 on herring, 3 on the Gulp
Last four days for a couple hours each day have got me over 30 fish with 8 keepers, biggest 21 1/2"

·
Registered
278 Posts
Went out today around somerspoint and fished the top of the tide with a freinds Son...our first drift he nailed a doormat which was a thrill as always to see a kid catch a beast like that..around 6lbs....Fish was caught on a wht bktl with prpl worm and minnie...I said man its on..I was wrong as the wind against tide made it difficult and we only managed a few shorts and dog fish...Always nice to be on the water and i think it will only get better...Good to see everyone....Pazman

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Got out again lastnight in south Jersey looking for Weakies went to a spot that i had them good last week during the outgoing tide and they were still there but much smaller" 2 to 3 lbs" left that spot and went to another close by spot and found many small bass and blues and 3 of the bigger weakies" all 29 to 31 inches" bass and blues were exploding everywhere and the Weakies were underneath them, it took me a while to get my first fish i went about an hour without a hit, and finally decided that they were locked in on grass shrimp or cinder worms, i switched to a small 3 inch skinny worm that i bought for these situations and fished them on an 1/8 oz jighead and they were all over it, all blues and bass in the beginning, and then the 3 weakies as first light was approaching, all fish were released unharmed, this was the most activity i have seen all year as far as fish blowing up on bait.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
We were out and about yesterday,, cape may area, tried he bloodworm thing ,,it was pretty slow ,, w did manage one 24" weakie but we worked very hard for it,, moved to our bluefish spot and found some nice sized blues ,, not giants,, and caught a few ,, highlite of the nite was a coyote that walked out on the beach behind us ,, had a limp but other than that very healthy looking ,,

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Originally posted by eelball:
got out with loosedrag for a few hours this morning in cape may. We got about a dozen weakies. Nothin big, but some nice ones. took 3 home. Also got some blues and hickory shad. I did most of my fish with a 1/4oz bucktail with a white culprit
Good fishin bro, After dropping you off at the ramp, I loaded up the wife and kids and we putzed around for an hour for some fluke and got 9 flat ones only one keeper,couple small blues and all the skates ya wanted fish were caught on bucktails w/ Herring strips.

·
Registered
351 Posts
~My dad and I will be heading out (finally) tomorrow to hit the OC area. I plan on working both ends on the sodbanks, causeway, bridges, etc. For those of you who frequent the area (IGGY, eelbal, keith the bagman, striperholic, etc.) are there any areas (not spots) that you would suggest working? I normally stay up by CISP. Also, I have a blurple bomber tied up as well as a bubblegum zoom. Would these be goood to start off with? Thanks, and any suggestions would help a bunch. I'm going to work it hard tomorrow!!!~

:cool:

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.