BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

After This Past Weekend May Has It Going On Here In The NJ BackWaters...
Pick Your Favorite FISH Picture Above and you have a great chance of hooking into some..

I took my first skunk of the year the other night,not a nibble... I worked the very bottom of the out-going tide then a few hours of in-coming.Water actually felt a little cooler then the week before.And that might be why the only Weakfish to be caught happened at the bottom of the tide..They were there..

Everyone Have A Great Week Of Fishing...

*Don't Forget Sunday 5/14 - Take Your Mom Fishing
Or At Least Take Her Out For A SeaFood Feast ! :D

[ 05-08-2006, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fished Ludlams early on saturday, caught 7 flounder, 3 keepers. Too many boats and not enough water to manuver around so headed to the reef around 8 a.m for some tog.Kept a few 15-16" and released a bunch including a 8.5# momma all caught on greenies. Had a couple of short sea bass also on crab

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fished Somers Point in Ships Channel and Parkway Bridge Sunday morning. Caught 5 flounder shorts (2 at 16") and one sea pigeon. Wind picked up made drifting diffcult. It was great to catch some decent fish this early in season.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Had the Kayaks out behind Ocean city. I landed two shorts to 16 inches. My buddy got the big one of the day. A nice fat 20 incher. Lost tons of nice fish, guess i was anxious and was setting the hook to early. Will be at it again sat.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Someone turned the switch off on the fluke this morning. Water temp dropped to 54 degrees from 64 on sunday. Tried 8 of my best spots and ended up removing my original baits without a hit.
Barrell

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congratulations to Dan of the Zacharowsky party who landed this 13+ pound tog aboard the Karen Ann II this weekend. Fish was nearly 26" in length with a tremendous girth. On the digital scale on the boat, lowest weight I saw was 12 lbs. 14 oz. and it hit 14 lbs. one time, but spent most of the time in the mid-13's. The fat female was full of eggs and we let her go. Made a splash like an M-80 in the water upon swimming away! The tog bite is holding up well in 50'-60' but we are seeing a lot of females now and most all are egg laden. Fish are also in the bay along the sod banks.

Dan with his piggie -

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished the first couple hours of the incoming
this morning with Casting disaster. We got out
just as the tide started to turn around 1:15am.
It didn't take long for our first hook-up...

Over the next hour we had somewhat steady
action, landing 4 more bass. All but one of
them was caught on the blk/ppl bomber. The
other took a pink zoom. These guys were fiesty,
with a few leaping clear out of the water. The
final bass count was: 1 short, 3 slots, and a 28".

Just as we were getting ready to head out, Rich
got his first weakfish of the spring... :cool:

And the release

It was a real nice night of fishing with ideal
conditions...clear water, light breeze, and no
bugs :D We didn't see anyone else out either.

·
Registered
190 Posts
THERE IS NO MORE "SLOT" FISH ?

·
Registered
897 Posts
earlybird- Way to go,sounds like not to bad of a nite.
Thanks for the report.
NIKKIB- Some of us will still call them slots and tweeners.Just a way to give a general size.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I was out and about yesterday - started in the daylight around 5:15 for the last of the incoming looking for fluke along the sods. No takers for me. Did manage 1 bluefish and had 1 miss both on mirro lure about the top of the tide. Switched locales to fish the outgoing around dusk. Picked up a slot size bass pretty quickly. It was diseased like many of you have mentioned. (pretty nasty really). On next cast I hooked up again but lost the fish. Both on bucktail tipped with pink Gulp sand eel.

That was it for me. Fished till about 10PM and was too tired to keep going. Avoided the skunk but a less than stellar night. Still great to be out.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Out and about last night behind Avalon, worked hard. Saw no tiderunners but did manage to get three bass between 24-27 inches as around the sod banks on a black bomber.

No worries though, out today and did REAL well. Another 31 poundah, 44 inches !!! BIG bass are here.
Working on the pics right now

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Here we go, taking from your local Avalon waters today !!!

My brother-in-law , Tom, got to love putting loved ones on trophy fish

My fish of the day

Full report in this forum

1 - 20 of 47 Posts