BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Had a nice day behind Sea Isle Sunday.4 short bass on top,biggest was 26".All the blues you could catch,anchored up just before the tide slacked and picked up 2 puppy drum on clam.Went home, had breakfast, waited for the tide to turn and went back out with the wife and daughter and they both had 3 flounder although no keepers.Tha flat ones were behind strathmere.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Fished Ships Channel Sat and Sun, Rain and Wind on Sat made for a short trip. Sunday pulled in 7 flounders 12"-16". Used mack, squid and minnow.
Air Show Sunday was great while fishing.

·
Registered
105 Posts
STORMY SKUNK

Date: Saturday 6/3
Time: 12PM-2PM
Tide: Top of Flood
Temps: 72* (West Side of Bay)
64*-68* (Sods)
58*-60* (Inlet)

We fished several spots without a bite....no marks/bait either. There were only a few other boats out, and we didn't see anything caught. We headed in as the storms began dumping rain.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thumos,
Thanks for those Water Temps.. Appreciate It.

Quite a wide range of temperatures there..

I could tell that those Surf Temps took a hit also Sunday Morning as soon as I made my first cast..

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Out behind Brigantine and AC 6/4. Hit the water around 5:30 and first drift my buddy hits a 18 inch flounder. Spent the rest of the day roaming numerous "famous" spots that if I told you about, I would have to kill ya. Ended the day with 3 fish to 19 inches for me, one 18 for other passenger. Also 5 or so 2-3 lb bluefish jigged with half ounce leadhead with any plastic I could put on the hook. The boat ended the day with around 20 flounder to the net (or close). Most of my fish were on fish finder rig, 2 foot of flourocarbon, #4 circle hook, little bucktail teaser with either Gulp 3 inch penny or white shrimp. Had a few on an ounce white bucktail with either color Gulp. Buddy was using various bucktails and top/bottom rigs, mostly with Gulp shrimp. Did see the Misconduct zip past a few times in the intercoastal. I was the short bald guy in the Palm Beach that stared with boat envy. Although with gas prices, my 16 with the 50 four stroke doesnt need gas but once every 5 or 6 trips. Still nice boat Mr. duct.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Originally posted by Absecon_bass:
Out behind Brigantine and AC 6/4. Hit the water around 5:30 and first drift my buddy hits a 18 inch flounder. Spent the rest of the day roaming numerous "famous" spots that if I told you about, I would have to kill ya. Ended the day with 3 fish to 19 inches for me, one 18 for other passenger. Also 5 or so 2-3 lb bluefish jigged with half ounce leadhead with any plastic I could put on the hook. The boat ended the day with around 20 flounder to the net (or close). Most of my fish were on fish finder rig, 2 foot of flourocarbon, #4 circle hook, little bucktail teaser with either Gulp 3 inch penny or white shrimp. Had a few on an ounce white bucktail with either color Gulp. Buddy was using various bucktails and top/bottom rigs, mostly with Gulp shrimp. Did see the Misconduct zip past a few times in the intercoastal. I was the short bald guy in the Palm Beach that stared with boat envy. Although with gas prices, my 16 with the 50 four stroke doesnt need gas but once every 5 or 6 trips. Still nice boat Mr. duct.
Thank You for the kind words A.B.

I will have to start following you around because we didn't do as well as you.

2 shorts, skates and sharks. And a lot of gnats. :mad:

Gonna fish in the JCAA tourney this Saturday. Give us a shout if you're out.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went out yesterday at 330 back by 500pm boated 1-38" lost another one. both trolling inlet outside of OC. Figured they would be there later in the dark. Wrong go figure just a few blues. The bass shut down and fog rolled in for awhile.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Threw some bellies behind 7MI late afternoon yesterday. 1 25" bass for a newbie friend. 3 or 4 sharks, so they were not a hassle. As a matter of fact, the bigger sharks gave my friend more of a thrill (better fight) than the bass!
At the same spot on Memorial Day, my 5 yr. old nephew's plastic 'toy' rod broke in half when one of those sharks took the tiny piece of clam he begged me to put on his hook!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Made it out with Earlybird for the bottom of the tide and first of the incoming - OC area. Lots of activity going on in the back, between both of us...4 weaks to 22", 4 bass to 33" and a flattie...pink Zooms with 1/4 oz lead. All fish released.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
out and about last nite,, nothing much in cape may area ,, water felt much cooler than last week,
moved to oc area ,, water still felt cooler,, did manage several blues and a few herring,, did watch two rabbits on the beach at cisp, they were acting pretty strange ,, thats because mr. fox was just about to nab one ,, e spooked when he saw us walking up the beach ,, rabbits owe us one :D , thats a coyote last week fox this week , maybe a wolf next week,, i'll take a nice weakie instead

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Past 2 days early in morning has produced some nice bass behind Ocean City ,7 bass each morning with 4 over 30"
eels doing the trick early
I suspect decent bass inside will begin to slow down after this upcoming new moon,hope I'm wrong :(

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Fished behind AC on Sunday 6/4, had 68 degree water temps at the bottom of the tide and cooled down to 58 by high tide. Had our best luck the 1-2 hr window b4 high tide on plain hook with minnow. Had maybe 15-20 flounder with 7 keepers and a bunch of blues and a couple big ol sharks. Keepers were caught in a couple different areas throughout the day. Was hoping for a good finish afer the tide turned heading out but had wind against and called it a day.

Misconduct - I've been keeping an eye out for you but havent seen ya yet, get in touch about the JCAA.

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
West Av Mike----Fluking has been decent,some real good days and some days slow but overall much better than last year for keepers
I've tagged over 240 and 61 legal size

I'll look for you week of 18th

1 - 20 of 45 Posts