BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

[ 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Went out in the back bay for the Strathmere Fishing Club's Flounder Tournament on Sat. Nice day, barely any rain, good long drifts. Caught fish all day, but only managed 2 keepers. Also got a winter flounder and a nice kingfish. Keepers were 17" and 23" 4 lbs 5 oz. Nice fish. Caught the big one on incoming. Might have won if it wasn't caught 30 min. late. Most fish caught in the 10-12 ft range. If anyone knows what the biggest fish was will you post?

·
Registered
8,363 Posts
Went out Saturday in Ludlum, 4 keepers 16 1/2 - 23" 2 throwbacks.

Went to Corsens and saw my first bunker school of the season. Snagged one. Jet skiers spooked the school and that was it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Took my daughter Brynn out last night and fished a quiet dock. It was windy and there was a screaming incoming flood tide. But weather aside she managed her first ever Striper on a jig and pink finess. Makes a Dad proud! She hooked and landed it all by herself. I managed to hook 2 others and let her crank 'em in. We released them all none the worse for the wear. She even gave hers a kiss goodbye :D
Now if i could just figure out how to post a pix...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ahhhhh.... Home sweet home... After a long weekend of non-stop laughing, with a classic crew of friends, I got back into town ready to catch a fish.. The first spot I couldn't get them to bite, but the second and third spot I didn't have that problem.. Got three bass the biggest was just short of slot and the other two a bit smaller, with one keeper size flounder. Fished the mid-outgoing, caught two bass on a 4in black back gotcha shad and the other two on a pink zoom. Tons of neon jellies floating, and lots of herring working the surface.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I finally got a boat and today was my first trip out on it. The first fish in my boat was a nice 21" flattie. It was slow today, I ended up with 5 keepers, 1 throwback. Missed a bunch of hits that came unglued.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Got out in the usual areas on the 26th no bass or blues around but did pick up 4 flounder no keepers. Tide was fast and alot of wind

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night till 130 this morning. Found the bass biteing pretty agressively. Boated 6 1-28 1/2" the rest were around 18-27 1/2". Lost at least 10 to short bites or cut plugs due to the bridge.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Got out last night with a friend and fished the usual spots from Avalon to N. Wildwood. We used 1/4 - 3/8 oz. jig heads with pink Finess (4"). We found fish at nearly every spot. Between us we landed and released 30+ Stripers and a mess of Sea Herring (kept a few for bait).
It was a blast last night!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Early am the snappers were as thick as I've ever seen.They were biting on just a pink jig. Bass were on the bottom,just hard getting to them. Landed an unknown amount of snappers and 4 bass biggest was a nice slot.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Anyone going out tomorrow(friday)???? im headed out Barnegat inlet. or has anyone been out or around that could give me an idea of whats been goin on out there or in the area, i havent been out in over a week or so... thanks guys!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Capt. Toad

Left the Toms River early this afternoon to head
south but we were halted when we were met by very heavy patches of FOG that rolled in with strong South Wind at the "37" :(
Water Surface Temps reached 80 in some spots. Despite visibility of only 30 yards at one point we hung around to jig and swim some curly tail plastics. Cocktail Blues were biting the tails right off our plastics before we finally brought one to the boat while drifting the "33" on the way back in.....wow! :rolleyes:

[ 06-29-2006, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: Team Z ]

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Took my freind Christy Fishing today she got the only two keeper flounder with one around 3 pounds and a decent weakie behind OC. We had about 10 throwbacks in a abbut 3 hours. It was a tough drift with the wind. We had a good time and she took home some real fresh fish. She also had a few blues.

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
Oh yeh. Minnows and chartruese jigs in 20-25' of water.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts