BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

Last week of July,, Summer is half over ... Fall is in site...
--------------------------------------------------------

Rough weekend to get into any decent night bite in the backbays.. The weather put a damper on my timeframe to hit some spots..Wanted to launch the kayak but strong South Winds and Showers and Storms canceled those plans,but I did manage to escape the rain and lighting for a short while the other night around some lighted bridges and found a decent spike weakfish bite going on.They were all over the Natural Color 3" GULP! Shrimp,fished with the out-going tide bouncing them off the bottom... Oh by the way Oyster Crackers also like them...

Everyone have a great fishing week..........

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
fished paddy / football field sun the 23rd, very dirty water, lots of sea weed...drift was a bit fast untill the wind came up against the tide... still nothing... had one nice strike on penny gulp but no hook up. water started a 79 when we left dock, dropped to 75 with the incoming tide

·
Registered
62 Posts
TI bridge to Avalon Yacht Club on Sunday 23rd... 4 nice shorties and a few of those lovely sea robins. Where are the "keeper flatties"?

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
Flynn-S. said:
Got 8 bass from about 17" - 24" yesterday. Same deal, poppers, sod banks, dusk, high tide. Good fun.
havent been able to pop the sod banks in about a week :mad:

finally got some decent tides.this week..ill be out tonight, report will follow!;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Went out yesterday about 9 a.m. Drifted around the 25-30 bouy and the inlet in the Barnegat Bay with my dad and cousin. Had 16 keepers between the 3 of us in about 5 hours with another 40 or so throwbacks.....all on GULP! with a 3/8 lead head. Biggest was almost 23". Great day and even better catch.

·
Registered
467 Posts
fished last night in Oyster Creek Channel, got two keeper fluke and one throwback and one small bluefish. A little breezy for good drifting. Spotted some small mullet at the dock but they were in a spot with some broken cinder blocks and couldn't get the net to them. All the fish were caught on gulp minnows.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
fished behind avalon today, left the dock at 4, popped the sod banks till sunrise, one blue fish to show for it , moved to deeper water and fluked the incoming... 5 throwback flatties, about 10 missed , 2 on squid and spearing, the rest on natural colored gulp shrimp.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tried the sods at cisp around sunset to about 10pm. Lots of small spearing and shrimp but no signs of anything feeding on them.Ended the evening with 3 missed fish on plugs.Wind was blowing a little harder than expected.Might try tonight on the yak, depending on the wind and what time i get done work.

·
Registered
9,251 Posts
went out last night around 7:30 popped the banks in back of av for about an hour ... lots of bait in the water, lots of fish breaking the surface, not alot of fish hitting my plug.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Took a buddy to Avalon yesterday around noon. a few small blues for him and me . We each hooked into fish that we could not stop. His I am not sure if it was a ray or not . I know mine was not a ray I saw it take the jig. Also used gulp shrimp and had two short flounder and one cow ray about 15 pounds. What a fun fight on a light rod.

·
Registered
848 Posts
sharks

billc said:
Took a buddy to Avalon yesterday around noon. a few small blues for him and me . We each hooked into fish that we could not stop. His I am not sure if it was a ray or not . I know mine was not a ray I saw it take the jig. Also used gulp shrimp and had two short flounder and one cow ray about 15 pounds. What a fun fight on a light rod.
Saw four sharks (toothie kind) yesterday crusing on the surface one at the ball park, one in the north channel and two in the south channel. I would say they were four to five feet long. May have been what hit you.

·
Registered
848 Posts
MariTime said:
In the back bay? Blue sharks are pelagic. My guess would be duskys or browns. But I haven't actually asked them .....
I caught a small blue shark several years ago at the point of the north and south channels. Anyway, I would not like to be bitten by the sharks I saw thw other day. A lot of years I have seen dolphins in the back area. None so far this year.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Fished Oyster Creek channel this afternoon right before the storms came through. 2 keeper fluke a few shorts and some type of drum.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts