BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.

Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

·
Registered
908 Posts
The backbay flounder fishing was decent again this weekend. On Saturday
we had 7 keepers...6 between 16.5"-18" and a 7.5lber! Sunday we got
another 7 keepers...3 to 18", a 2.4, 2.8, 3.1 and 3.3lb. The majority of our
fish were caught around slack high in 22-30ft. Water temps were steady
in the lower 60's, but once the tide started out it hit 71 degrees and the
bite slowed. We were using the bucktail/gulp combo.

Here's my Dad with his personal best 26.5", 7.5lb flattie...Way to go Pops:D

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
WOW!!!!! Nice job earlybird! We will be trying behind sea isle and avalon next week. Hopefully we can find some fish like that! Congrats!

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Haven't had much time to fish lately, Have seen some nice slots around but only the rats seem like takers... Have heard of some nice flounder still being caught in the back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Had the new boat in the water for the first time on Sunday. Cruised around the back in OC for a while and stopped for a little fishing. In about an hour we boated 3 flatties, 2 keepers. Many more reports to come.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Fished behind Sea Isle and Strathmere Fri,Sat, Sun. Did ok with a lot of 16"fish.My wife had her first Keeper of the season at 18"on Sunday but as she went to put it in the cooler it popped out like a bar of soap.She was pretty upset but it was kinda funny. She went back out this p.m. and ended up with a 22" 4.25 lb flat one!Persistence does payoff.Even got her to filet it herself!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
7/17 Atlantic City Back Bays

Fished from 11:30 this morning until 4:30pm with my father, wife and three kids (8,5 & 2). Must have caught 50-55 throwbacks and kept 12 for the cooler. 10 fish from 16.5-17.5" and 2 at 19.5". Nice monday without any boat traffic. Had the spots I fihed bascially to myself.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Insanity said:
Fished from 11:30 this morning until 4:30pm with my father, wife and three kids (8,5 & 2). Must have caught 50-55 throwbacks and kept 12 for the cooler. 10 fish from 16.5-17.5" and 2 at 19.5". Nice monday without any boat traffic. Had the spots I fihed bascially to myself.
Nice report Rocco, way to get the family on some nice fishing on a short trip;) How were the Greenheads:eek:

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
DEEP POCKETS said:
Nice report Rocco, way to get the family on some nice fishing on a short trip;) How were the Greenheads:eek:
The flies were not bad at all. When we put in there were a few pulling out - saying the flies and grass were horrible w/no fish as well. We found plenty of fish , no flies and very little grass. It helps to look for the clean water.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Come on guys! Need some backbay behind avalon, sea isle, strathmere & oc reports.......headed down this weekend and need the reports so I can daydream at work :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Was out yesterday afternoon in ships channel, fished a tapdancer rig with gulp shrimp on bucktail and gulp crab on trailing hook. Caught the end of the incoming and the falling tide 'til 7 pm. Everything (6 flounder) was short(13-15"). Caught a couple in some really skinny water. Water was clean and about 70degrees when I was catching. Atleast I caught fish:)

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
try the spots near that area that are in the 20 "to 30" range.there are some bigger fluke there.mostly on the incoming "cooler water",but anytime could be the right time;) ,good fishin ,matt

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Noticed some birds and some splashin' on the surface this afternoon. So I took a look and got into some non-stop snapper action. Had about a half hr. to fish, and in that time caught about 6 all about a lb. or 2, missed a ton. Had a blast with the popper. Even caught a blue that was gut hooked and had about 8in. of line hanging out of it's mouth. Couldn't believe it! I cut the line at the hook, and let him go, figured he had a strong will to live.. Hope to post the pic tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
always fishing said:
Noticed some birds and some splashin' on the surface this afternoon. So I took a look and got into some non-stop snapper action. Had about a half hr. to fish, and in that time caught about 6 all about a lb. or 2, missed a ton. Had a blast with the popper. Even caught a blue that was gut hooked and had about 8in. of line hanging out of it's mouth. Couldn't believe it! I cut the line at the hook, and let him go, figured he had a strong will to live.. Hope to post the pic tommorrow.
nice job ,had my son in that same thing and it made my day ,matt

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fluke Report...

Fished the top of the tide yesterday after work from 5-6:30pm.
Got a handful of shorts and 2 keepers...18" & 22" 4lb. The water
warmed up since I was out last. Took readings from 69-72 in the bay.
All were caught on bucktail/gulp in 25-30ft.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Fished corsens for about two hours Friday late afternoon - 1 keeper, 1 throwback.

Crabbed my dock Friday afternoon - 12 keepers.

Fished TI Saturday morning in the rain - 1 keeper, many throwbacks.

Crabbed Saturday afternoon in the back - 34 keepers.

Fished corsens Sunday morning - 5 keepers, 22 inch biggest keeper, too many throwbacks to remember. baits were minnows, gulp shrimp, fish bites, strip bait.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Fished Barnaget 7/23 got there late just about low tide , five fluke one keeper at 18 1/2 on penny gulp shrimp. Fished Manasquan 7/19 by CG station caught 12 in 1 1/2 hours one keeper at 18 on penny gulp around 6:30 pm to 8:00 PM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts