BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel Free To Post Your Fishing Reports from
our Surrounding New Jersey Inlets & BackBays.
Striped Bass,Weakfish,Bluefish,Fluke,Tog & Seabass.
As much info that you like - tides,conditions,weather,baits/plugs,water temps techniques,etc.etc......
But Please No Exact Spots,,,Thanks NS

-------------------------------------------------

Last Week Of May AlReady - Water Temps Still Seem A Bit Cold,But From What I Am Hearing Today
The HOT Weather is coming - Along With The Summer
Crowds....

Everyone Have A Great Fishing Week...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Fished for Fluke behind Wildwood on Sunday. 2 Keepers and 4 throwbacks. Had better luck in the shallow water (8' to 15')Temp. guage is broke so I don't know the water temp. but I gathered that it is still a little cool. Next weekend will probobly be a little better if you dare fish the ICW on memorial day weekend. All fish caught on minnow/squid combo. Slept on the boat Saturday night, STRIPERS EVERYWHERE, woke me up jumping next to my boat. Caught 1 18" and went back to bed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
out back saturday night/ sunday morning. 4 guys- 5 bass in the mid 20 inch range. 2 on teaser, 1 blurple bomber, 1 pink zoom, 1 on the fly. Redemption for me after taking the skunk at the tournament!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fished corsons on saturday/sunday. Absolutely nothing happening. Skates, skates, and more skates...did get a 13" windowpane flounder, but that was about it. Saturday night fished up a couple herring on plastics for sunday's bait. Corsons again on sunday, nothing until 4 solid hits in a 20 minute span, all on clam. One possibly a striper, the other 3 most likely bluefish. Still, nothing to show for it. Back down this weekend for revenge.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Fished the first couple hours of the incoming
last night in back. Within the first few
minutes I hooked up with a real nice fish only
to lose it after a short fight. That was really
the hightlight of the night. I did catch a
couple shorts and an 18" weakie. Both bass
went after a bomber and the weakfish took a
pink zoom. I'm still disgusted about missing
that fish...it hit HARD and didn't budge. Oh
well, that's what keeps me going back!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
went out last night behind OC caught real nice weakfish on fly along with 22 blues 7-striper (no keepers) most were on spinning outfit.

[ 05-24-2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: striperaholic ]

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Your killing me, Rodger but I can't function at work without a decent amount of sleep. You know my students :D Good luck tonight and keep me posted.

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Nice weakie. I fished the last two nights and found constant action with short stripers and herring. Couldnt find a weakie or a bigger striper and didnt run into any blues. Plastics around some bridges and docks.

RyanF

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET..ill be in OC fri-mon, but ill be fluke fishing..maybe ill sneak out one night to catch me one of them beauties!! awesome fish!

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Just got in, and what a night it was i went to one of my favorite south Jersey Weakfish spots with "Fisher Jim" from the Barn, and the Weakies did not dissapoint we fished the entire outgoing tide and had Big Weakies throughout the tide, between the 2 of us we landed about 20 and lost quite a few, they were all between 28 and 34 inches, FisherJim caught his personal best at 34 inches not sure of weight as of yet, but i'm guessing around 13 lbs, many of the fish were over 10 lbs, we kept 4 the 1 big one that Jim caught and 3 males around 8 lbs apiece, it's been a few years since i have had a night catching weakies like this, hopefully this trend will continue, we got to our spot just as it was getting dark so we didn't get to see them swimming around, but we immediately new they were there, we could here them croaking as they were swimming along the sod banks, i will post pictures if i can figure it out.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Went out last night got 3 blues 3 bass 1-24" 1-29" 1-281/2" No weaks last night. Is this wind ever going to stop? Probably this weekend when everyone shows up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went out last night from 8PM to 2AM and fished behind OC. Caught 10 bass from 15" to 25" and 4 blues. Thanks to Rodge for the pity fish otherwise I'd being going home with just blues. THANKS RODGE.

·
Registered
9,224 Posts
Last two days picked up 7 keeper fluke and about 11 short + 3bass 2-27,1-25 what was suprising was all the keeper fluke and stripers were on the gulp shrimp all the shorts were on squid and minnow.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts