BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inshore and the Reef, Fishing in the Keys. Keeps Going Strong

Capt Jeff, has been fishing on the flats and in the back country with great results. Chunky Red fish, trout, snook, black drum and an occasional tarpon have been putting the light tackle to the test. There are some nice grouper back there as well, unfortunately all need to be released.
Capt Aaron, Has been chasing sails off the reef edge and have been getting their releases. Some days they have lock jaw, we have been seeing plenty of them sometimes in as shallow as 20ft of water. Yellow tail snapper have been a really good bite on the reef with muttons, mangroves, and plenty of grouper to be released as well. We have seen some really nice mackerel fishing as well.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
sailfish in 20 feet of water? WOW...

Awesome report. Would you guys ever consider taking a group of freedivers out for spearfishing?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sailfish in 20 feet of water? WOW...

Awesome report. Would you guys ever consider taking a group of freedivers out for spearfishing?
Andrew, We would absolutely take out your group. Give us a call, same rates apply as for our fishing trips.

Its pretty neat to see the sails shallow showering bally. I can be real difficult to catch them when they are in there though

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
January "showers" east of the can....my favorite winter day forecast ;)

Pretty work boys.....way to get er done.

Tight Lines,

Frank

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Andrew, We would absolutely take out your group. Give us a call, same rates apply as for our fishing trips.

Its pretty neat to see the sails shallow showering bally. I can be real difficult to catch them when they are in there though

john Ill give you a ring if/when I figure out when I could get a group together to come down, would probably be march.... just gotta find people to commit to something. Awesome news.

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
Capt John,
thanks for the reports, man o man, I wish I was in Islamorada, I should be down this winter or early spring, to fish there, - You will be the first person I call,

I took care of that request you made

Captn Joe

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Hi Jack!!!

Hi Jack!

Tight Lines,

Frank

PS weather must suck up in N.J. right now as some of us should be fishing.... :(. no worries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts