BASS BARN banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
31,031 Posts
Back in the day an Ugly Stick was a viable go to rod. 3 of my 4 tuna rods have ugly stick blanks and have gotten some good laughs out of some fisherman. After 30 years who's laughing now??
Ugly stick made some great blanks. I still have a few offshore rods I built on them. Once you learn the secret to covering up the glass spiral wrap marking you can't tell them from any other blank. Just a little extra work building them

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Ugly stick made some great blanks. I still have a few offshore rods I built on them. Once you learn the secret to covering up the glass spiral wrap marking you can't tell them from any other blank. Just a little extra work building them
I do have 1 problem with them. When it gets really humid my rods and guide wraps turn almost pure white. They look baaaddd when that happens. But they never stay that way and clear up at some point later in the day

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That sucks. I guess he wasn’t able to give you a date either...factory issues or supplier.

I’d show you mine, let me know. I’m local and more than willing to bring the rod to you to check out. Or meet up.
Thanks for the offer guys. I'll see what I can find and if not I'll be in touch.

Tom, really appreciate the offer to take them out one trip.

·
Registered
12,925 Posts
Thanks for the offer guys. I'll see what I can find and if not I'll be in touch.

Tom, really appreciate the offer to take them out one trip.
There is a pair of TLD 25 with Tsunami XH 50-100 lb rods for sale in barn sale, just posted. Check them out. I posted there that I would tell you.

·
Registered
31,031 Posts
I do have 1 problem with them. When it gets really humid my rods and guide wraps turn almost pure white. They look baaaddd when that happens. But they never stay that way and clear up at some point later in the day

Moisture getting under the epoxy

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
There is a pair of TLD 25 with Tsunami XH 50-100 lb rods for sale in barn sale, just posted. Check them out. I posted there that I would tell you.
Thanks Retainer but I'm only looking for rods. I two new Penn Fathom 60s I want to pair them with. I already have some 25s I picked up from Spooled earlier this summer.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
We've been using the Star Paraflex Rods now for a few years. Have them on TLD 20s, 25s, 30s, Fin Nor 40s and 50s. They've caught white marlin, Blue Marlin, Sail fish, BFT, YFT, BET, Mahi, wahoo, Amber jack, and prob some I missed.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts