BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Boat US

Switched to an Agreed Value policy from Boat US last year for my CC. Cheaper price and better coverage than some other quotes.

Their claim service is good. A few years back, a sailboater dinged our 41 at the dock. He had Boat US insurance. We faxed in an estimate to their claims office and had a $1200 check in a couple of days.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS GUYS WITH THE WAY THINGS HAVE BIN GOING MONEY WISE I AM LOOKING TO SAVE ANY PLACE I CAN. I KNOW THIS ONE ONE OF THE LAST PLACES TO MESS WITH BUT YA GOTA DO WHAT YA GOTA DO. I AM GOING TO MAKE SOME CALLS :confused:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I had Boat/US but they jacked my rates to make up for all the claims they had with all the Florida hurricanes. I do have their towing though. I now have an Agreed Policy with Travelers through The Bay Agency in Rumson. They are also a member of the Marine Trades Association of NJ.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Make sure you check the depression on the policy get one with out that clause

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Switched to an Agreed Value policy from Boat US last year for my CC. Cheaper price and better coverage than some other quotes.

Their claim service is good. A few years back, a sailboater dinged our 41 at the dock. He had Boat US insurance. We faxed in an estimate to their claims office and had a $1200 check in a couple of days.
Boat US was cheaper for me with better coverage on an Agreed Value policy also.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
:huh:Boat US, you get the 800,000 coverage included for enviormental fee if you leak oil or fuel, most other companies this is extra. Get a quote online and compare.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
:huh:Boat US, you get the 800,000 coverage included for enviormental fee if you leak oil or fuel, most other companies this is extra. Get a quote online and compare.
Plus, if your boat was to sink, BoatUS tells us to get it out and get it out fast. Other insurance companies haggle on the price of salvage while your boat sits underwater...some dont even cover it (they are all suppose to even on just a liability policy...untill it happens then they fight it)

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Don't forget to check with our very own Capt. Joe (another barn advertiser) that mods the offshore forum...

http://www.captnjoe.com/

a straight shooter ...as I'm sure our other advertisers are too.

I personally know Capt. Joe and he's definitely a lover of our sea sports....in it more for the love of it than the money...

Also....make sure you get all your quotes in writing and compare line by line...comparing most policies to one another is apples to oranges as they are rarely exactly the same.

Remember, most of the big name insurance is still underwritten by some other monster insurance company with it's own set of rules and regs.... so don't be fooled by anyone's claims or advertising..

·
Registered
10,014 Posts
Plus, if your boat was to sink, BoatUS tells us to get it out and get it out fast. Other insurance companies haggle on the price of salvage while your boat sits underwater...some dont even cover it (they are all suppose to even on just a liability policy...untill it happens then they fight it)
Now that is the truth and VERY important. When my boat sank, I made the mistake of calling the ins company. When they heard the boat was refloated by a 'big' towing company...they told me..."let it sink"...cause they did not want to get in a valuation fight with what was now a salvage.
Plus the ins company went 'dark' on me for 90+ days...not even talking to me.

Keep in mind ins is for catastrophic loss, don't make claims for less then say 1500 bucks. Most companies will cover 1 claim, even 2 claims...but most will drop you after the 3rd claim. So suck it up if you damage your running gear.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sea insure

if your a sea tow member sea insure is a great policy great rates and great coverage like true replacement value etc. plus in the event of a salvage we know that sea insure is a sound policy and have less red tape along the way makes the salvage situation quicker in some cases w. less headaches for all partys.

i have it on my own personal boat and used it they were prompt and i got my ck within 10 days!!

give lenny bellet a call from sea insure @ 877 568 1672

·
Registered
20,270 Posts
Capt. Joe.... call him. He will deal it to you straight....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.