BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Right behind Northern Manalokin / Bay Head is the Intercoastal waterway NJ 1
marker -- right before the approach to the Southern side of the Point Pleasant canal.

The water there is about 4 feet deep in the cannel -- but is charted at 8. Everyone I know with 35 plus footers kicks up sand there and most back bay guys will run to Barnagat to avoid it.

It hasn't been dredge by anyone for years and just seems to be getting worse. Anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone know who to contact --- Is it a State problem or is it a Federal issue because of the intercoastal.. or is it both entities pointing at each other.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when was this observed? didn't notice in december when we last went through...

you may want to reach out to the army corp. i know the ACOE has two projects ready to start IN the canal for this summer.
Its been there for two years that I know of ---- right at Intercoastal NJ #1.. goes for about 50 yards --- charted at 8 ft --- but really around 4.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
The chart only shows a Red #2??? If you look at BING Birds Eye view, it looks like the "deep" water is right up next to #2.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok ---- red #2 --- been avoiding going north because of that spot. Charts say deep ---- no way --- 4 feet or less depending on the tide... two buddies with Henny 38's and one Buddy with 41 Viking all avoiding that area like the plague.
On either side of the channel 2 feet of hard sand.. I am not the only one.. Being that that is the very first mark in the intercoastal heading southbound --- I think if I could start a bitchfest like they did at 33 in Oyster creek -- it may be corrected.. I just don't know who to ***** to.....

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
i hit bottom ac-couple of years ago in barneget, and that oyster creek i ran aground in the channel one year , 3 weeks later they put a new can in and just added a A to the number . i bitched to the coast guard

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Yeah, the Pig Pen area behind Avalon is getting very sandy this past Dec. Don't know what the storm tides did, yet...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.