BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older international 30 that I was attempting to update with a ht100-washer and grease all the bearings and clean up the reel like on ALanTani's website...

It appears as though everything is assembled correct so far EXCEPT when I am trying to put everything together as a unit.. (tightening the screws on the frame and crossbars.

It feels as though I am pushing againts the spring in the drag and there is about a 1/4 inch space and I am unalbe to get it together..

If I remove the belleville washers it fits together fine.. Obviosly they need to be in there but im just tryin to figure out where I screwed up.

I changed the configuration of the washers from () () to (( )) but I dont think this has anything to do with my problem..

Any help would be appreciated

Pete

Try to get some pictures up soon

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Pete
I've used Alan's site. He does nice work.
Regarding your problem. First I've never worked on an International, But if Its anything like a Shimano I'll take a shot.

1) place the spool so that the drag washer is on the right. When you disassemble the drag washer, there are 2 bearings separated with a spring.
This assembly is inserted into the spool from the right hand side.

2) Remove the Click gear assembly from the left hand side of the spool and preload washers can be removed.

I may be wrong, but you may be loading the washers into the wrong side of the reel. They need to be installed into the shaft and inserted the left side of the spool. You can then drop the bearings & spring onto the shaft from the right hand of the spool. This may account for why you don't have enough room with the washers installed.

I hope that this helped.
George

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Pete
I've used Alan's site. He does nice work.
Regarding your problem. First I've never worked on an International, But if Its anything like a Shimano I'll take a shot.

1) place the spool so that the drag washer is on the right. When you disassemble the drag washer, there are 2 bearings separated with a spring.
This assembly is inserted into the spool from the right hand side.

2) Remove the Click gear assembly from the left hand side of the spool and preload washers can be removed.

I may be wrong, but you may be loading the washers into the wrong side of the reel. They need to be installed into the shaft and inserted the left side of the spool. You can then drop the bearings & spring onto the shaft from the right hand of the spool. This may account for why you don't have enough room with the washers installed.

I hope that this helped.
George
If that fails E-Mail ALEN:)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, After beating myself up all day I think I figured it out...

The spool bearings were not sitting all the way in the spool so it was forcing then pinion gear shaft away from the drag side and in essence making the whole assembly a little longer than it is supposed to be.

The bearings were a little tight in the spool so they just didnt seat all the way..

Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.