BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice the Irene B III dragger hard aground in the creek opposite Sunset lake?
A little Yahoo search on the vessel name brought up this article.
http://www.nmfs.noaa.gov/ole/news/news_NED_061605.htm
Now I remember reading about it in the AC Press last year.
With $935,000 in fines maybe he just cut it loose.
Free to a good home?

[ 06-13-2006, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: Rednekf350 ]

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Its been there a week. It used to be north of the George Redding bridge away from th dock. Don't know whats up.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
The other boat that capt owns, the "Two Brothers" is tied up behind the wharf in Ottens Harbor. It would be funny if that one is cut lose also.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
i cant believe it can be legal to just drop anchor like that someplace...does anyone know the answer to that one? I agree with aj it would be a welcomed additon to the reef

·
Registered
845 Posts
Originally posted by freaky One:
i cant believe it can be legal to just drop anchor like that someplace...does anyone know the answer to that one? I agree with aj it would be a welcomed additon to the reef
Ed I doubt that it's legal, but who's going to do anything? The reef addition is a good idea.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did not notice a for sale sign.
The vessel appeared to be listing to port with the keel in the mud.
The anchor lines looked like they were cast to keep it from getting any closer to the bank.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
The boat has been there for about a week or so, his usual dock, just before (or past) the G. Redding bridge was too shallow for him to get into. The boat sat there hard aground for a few weeks...it was sticking out into the channel...looks like he found a spot a bit more out of the way....and it did have a for sale sign on it last time I passed...

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
IT IS SUPPPOSE TO HAVE AN ANCHOR LIGHT BUT NOBODY SEEMS TO CAR. THEY WERE PUT OUT FROM THERE PREVIOUS SLIP ON THE NORTH SIDE OF THE GEORGE REDING BRIDGE(RIO GRANDR)THERE IS A CHANNEL AT THE OLD DOCK,IN 60'CREEK LAST FRIDAY THE STERN WAS NEAR THE WEST SOD BANK WHICH HAS DEEP WATER ALMOST AGAINST IT.THE BOAT SITS FUNNY EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT AGROUND.IT WILL EITHER SINK OR BREAK LOOSE IF LEFT UNATTENDED.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Would it be salvage if it is aground and abandoned. For sale, he!!, free.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
It's sittin funny because all of the fuel is on one side. What he is doing is perfectly legal except not having a anchor light lit. FU and talked about this this morning, I find this one fact amusing. They are way out of the channel not Harming any " navigable water way " Everybody gets pissed. Nobody says word one about all of the jack nozzles that not only drift in the channel but anchored in the channel, Blocking a " Navigable water way ". I never thought the day would come that vessels transiting through the icw have to give a security call , Just so they can navigate the ICW. THATS SAD

When I look at the big picture I'm left scratching my head. Somebody is gonna get hurt bad one of these days. I don't agree with what is being done with that dragger. But they have to do what they have to do.

[ 06-14-2006, 08:46 PM: Message edited by: Fishpicker ]

·
Registered
881 Posts
A buddy of mine sent me an article from the east coast of Fla last year where 3 clammers fell asleep abt 5 miles off the beach. When they awoke they were aground w/ no chance of floating off. What ended up happening was a welder had to dismantle the boat piece by piece. It took several months and the captain/owner of the vessel was never seen or heard from again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts