BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a meeting May 1st in Maryland below DC. I am scheduled to meet friends to surf fish Assetegue the next day. Instead of driving back to Philly or Newark I was thinking about getting a cheapo hotel room around OCMD and fishing from the IRI rocks or somewhere along OCMD or Asstegue that I could walk on. Any recommendations of where to fish and methods?

Thanks!
Kevin

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I love them rocks at IRI. Great place to swim a darter or shad. There is a best western a few miles north in Dewey Beach with a bar across the street that has quite a bit of tail if your into that sort of thing after fishing.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip on the hotel. I am very happily married. I've only been on those rocks once. Not sure how safe they are in the dark. However, I do go on the Barnegat Light rocks all the time.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
gone_fishing said:
Thanks for the tip on the hotel. I am very happily married. I've only been on those rocks once. Not sure how safe they are in the dark. However, I do go on the Barnegat Light rocks all the time.

Been on the south side rocks at night a few times and they're pretty much flat all the way to the tip. Not too bad at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts