BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have had enough of paying for GlobalStar service :mad: and the call never going through. I am looking to upgrade to an Iridium phone and was just wondering where the best deal can be found. I can get new phone (9505a) for $895 with 2 year deal $33.95 per month with 10 free minutes and $1.69 every minute there after. Also looking for feedback on the service with an Iridium phone does the call always go through?

Thanks for any feedback
Knotbad

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
2nd year with mine. So far has always gone thru. Brought it to fla for a fishing trip and it even held the charge from October! Good investment

·
Registered
127 Posts
resolution

Globalstar and Iridium will be sharing satelites, it may take some time to complete, but in the mean time you can switch to one of these options. I chose the pay as you go plan until the satelites restore the normal Globalstar coverage. Joe is a nice guy I met at the Canyon Runner seminar in AC. Contact him and he will explain what is going on with Globalstar and Iridium. Hope this helps.

you can switch to one of 2 plans, if you are an existing Globalstar customer with an active account.
Plan A: Unlimited Sat service for $19.99 / month
Plan B: Pay as you Go at .49 cents / minute with no monthly charge
After the new Satellites are launched and active in 2010, the Monthly rate plans with change back to regular pricing.
Let me know if you would like to make a change.

Thank you,
Joe

Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:46 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: global star service

·
Registered
334 Posts
Those guys using the Iridium phone..jk400...do you get the reliable service with the standard phone or is there a booster kit or some add'll attenna required

·
Registered
717 Posts
Fish HARD said:
Those guys using the Iridium phone..jk400...do you get the reliable service with the standard phone or is there a booster kit or some add'll attenna required
Standard phone. thats all. Never an issue at all.

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
KnotBad said:
Hello,

I have had enough of paying for GlobalStar service :mad: and the call never going through. I am looking to upgrade to an Iridium phone and was just wondering where the best deal can be found. I can get new phone (9505a) for $895 with 2 year deal $33.95 per month with 10 free minutes and $1.69 every minute there after. Also looking for feedback on the service with an Iridium phone does the call always go through?

Thanks for any feedback
Knotbad
Been saying it since July

Iridium is awesome

Not one dropped call and not one time I was unable to use it. I have over 200 minutes of use
Bought the 500 minute card

1 - 8 of 8 Posts