BASS BARN banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending a lot more time in Cape May County this year. The holiday weekend was busy.

·
Registered
17,474 Posts
I am usually out fishing early before all the boat traffic, I have had 3 trips so far, Saturday morning was empty fishing wise until about 11. By the time I left for the dock, there were many boats out behind Somers Point. Alot of pleasure boats heading up and coming down the Great Egg river. I did not fish today. But it looks like there are alot of boaters.
The Ocean View Wawa was packed Friday and Saturday. Not so much today at 1:30 pm.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was in lower barnegat bay today. A lot less boats than usual. I guess fuel is taking its toll.
btw, I paid 5.61 for gas at my marina today, I was expecting worse.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
I am behind barnegat inlet in the middle section of barnegat bay. I'm on the water around 200 days a year here. There is still a lot of traffic, but only a little more than half of what it normally is. The weather is no longer bad, so it is unlikely that is it... It could be people's kids still finishing up school...

...But we all know that fuel prices and overall inflation are contributing factors. Even the wealthy guys are taking a beating... Fishermen will still fish, even if they have to sell their youngest child into slavery or pimp their wife out in the ghetto.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I’m in Mystic and the boat traffic is a little less but I still see people out and enjoying life. I know the price of fuel sucks but I’m still boating. Made 2 trips to Motts this weekend just because.

Reactions: The River

·
Registered
83,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Swung by 4th Street ramp Monday. The lot only had a few trucks/trailers parked there but the flat south of the bridge was stacked with boats flounder fishing. Guess we’ll see what the people can take.

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
80 Posts
I'm driving from my house to the shore to see the boats from land less.

Fuel prices have hindered my fishing, even from land.

I've had 2 back bay trips so far and I keep my fuel tank full at all times so there's no arguing of how much gas was used! Won't go out with less than 3 people! Last week I used 3.5 gallons of gas! lol Never had a bill of less than $20 even when it was $2.50! lol Seriously though, I hope people are honest with reports and don't have us all chasing our tails. Not sure how many tuna trips I'll take and I think CM reef will be my max distance for flounder and sea bass. Picked a bad time to get twin motors! lol Lines tight

·
Registered
25 ft Sea Hunt w/twin 150 Yamahas
80 Posts
Longest I ever gone without going to the reef sites yet for Sea bass and flounder! Next weekend I'm moving so it looks like July before I hit the reefs! By then I'll be planning off shore tuna trips! lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts