BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
I agree- 2 and 3 years ago there were deals to be had. I think the industry has adjusted its inventory to meet the lower demand and there seems to be less wiggle room to negotiate. Also less manufacturer incentives than a couple of years ago. :thumbsdown:

This is my personal observation on the few manufacturers and boats that I was looking at. Maybe others observed differently.

Jim

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Best deals in my opinion:
1 27 sea hunt cc for 74k with twin 150yamis
2. 25 tidewater cc with twin 150 yamis for 65k

But man do I luv those everglades..just too much money for my liking

·
Registered
128 Posts
The 37' Boston Whaler center console at the AC show was $429K after a $50K discount. The boat was awesome but that price is crazy. I agree that the 27' Sea Hunt seemed like a bargin when compared to all of the other 27-29' boats that were near or above $200K.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought so too.

:nuts:I would think that some were sold with OPM. Auditors will be the last to know. Chesapeake Bay Marinas are loaded with big boats that never leave their slips. Maybe we even helped buy them !! Norm

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
you would think they might bring boats that someone could actually afford,or at least the general public. thats y i dont go to those things. i couldnt afford anyway but still isnt there boats under 35 grand a middle class guy could buy? or just rub in our faces what we can never afford

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I bought my boat last year at the show. Suprisingly I think I got a good deal. I compared it to the sea hunt sea fox and the mako and for the options and engine I wanted I couldn't pass it up. That being said I'm not going this year

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
In National Fisherman I saw a Maine built 16 foot dory center console with just a seat and steering station ,with a 70 H.P Yammie on the back. Nothing else included!!! Just bare bones. No trailer. Not even a small T top! Price: $37,000.00 and if you upgraded to a 90 Horse ,$39,000.00.

Anybody that buys that rig has been playing way too much pocket pool over the years or has been spending way too much time with Madam Palm and her 5 followers!:eek:

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
you would think they might bring boats that someone could actually afford,or at least the general public. thats y i dont go to those things. i couldnt afford anyway but still isnt there boats under 35 grand a middle class guy could buy? or just rub in our faces what we can never afford
17' Whaler for either 32 or 34K.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I feel the same way....I wanted to get a cc but seeing these prices changed my mind....sticking with my 2005 24ft...best part is that its almost paid off...I really thought some of the sellers were smoking crack...

·
Registered
684 Posts
Love to see the higher prices. Makes my 10 year old Parker worth just about what I paid for it.

·
Registered
39,870 Posts
Boat Prices assume 80% financing. So if you buy a $100K rig and put $20K down with a payment of $675 month. They bank on you using the rig for 5-6 years then reselling for $50K.. Sounds crazy cause it is. but that's what they assume. If you go this route you are killing yourself. Buy used (well taken care of).. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.