BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I fished it yesterday and it was slow. Sundays suck in my experience though... too much boat traffic and they get hammered saturday... plus with the weather last week, the fish were probably turned off. Good luck if you go... I'm heading out tomorrow night but won't be able to post a report until wednesday.

·
Registered
168 Posts
To answer your question... yeah, it's still good. I give up on weekends though. I went last night and hit em pretty good. We started off using clams and I got one short. We saw bunker hitting the surface and decided to snag some... and we started landing blues hitting our snagged bunker. For every 3 or 4 blues, we landed one striper, but it was non stop action for 2 hours. The first striper I got was a 20lber... and it caught it on a freshwater bass pole... that was a blast. All in all a good night.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
fluke bite is on also!!!!! i had 7 wednesday four best 21-22-22-24 inches right at low tide in 12 feet of water killies and grub on red leadhead did them in.i don't fish for stripers but they were busting bunker schools all morning

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by striperaholic:
You think tues. would be worthy?

I'm going again tomorrow and saturday (if the weather is ok) but I may target fluke on saturday. The bite is still going to be going next tuesday, just get out there. Ekim, they're hitting killies alreay? I heard spearing was the way to go this early.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Originally posted by striperaholic:
I've been reading alot about the action in the Rariton Bay. I am thinking about going up weds. Any advice on where to go/boat ramps? Is the action still good?
Thanks for any help.
Keyport, backbay, has a free municipal ramp that is decent to launch from with decent parking if you get there early.

As of this past Sunday there were still plenty of bunker and large bass in the back bay area, across the bay from Keyport around Statin Island and Perth Amboy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by TSStriper:
Low tide is tough at that ramp unless you have an extended tongue on your trailer. Even with smaller boats it's still tough. If you can't put it in there, go to Keyport Marina.
Yeah, thats one thing I don't like about that luanch, I had to wet all four wheels on my truck to luanch at low tide, it is way too flat... but then again, keyport marina is really steep at low tide.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I launched at the public ramp yesterday, it was $15 and I had a heck of a time getting my boat back on the trainer in low tide. Not alot of parking spaces there. Keyport Marine is also $15 and that ramp is very steep. I have to stop a few miles away when I launch there to tighten things up. I also got stuck on the other side of the bridge there during high tide.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I fished Raritan last thurs. and this weds. Had 22 bass and 12 bass respectively. Smallest fish was 34 1/2" largest 41". Weekends are miserable, heard of a guy landing his cast net on the bow of ANOTHER boat, if this gives you any idea of the crowds!! I'll be kayakin' for large mouths this weekend!! Save the salt for Tues/Weds.

SOMEBODY WAS STILL HUNGRY!!! :confused:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
out again friday in the fog.good thing i fish close to shoreline.fluke were biting again in the shallows.i had 8 keepers and my bro had 5 keepers before we were chased in by terrible thunderstorm and rain at 1 pm.killies grub and red leadhead. worked again.not many shorts either.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ekim... I may have seen you on friday. My GPS conked out when we were at the 19 can and I had to run back to Keyport in that fog by compass only. I came across a boat and asked "where am I." The guy kinda snickered but pointed me toward keyport... the sailboats were only a few hundred yards away... not too bad for being without electronics. :D Was that guy you?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.