BASS BARN banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
The striper run ended about 3 years ago at Corsons....

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Fishenough "Nick" lives close to there so you can pretty much bet that there are no Stripers or Weakfish living in the area, he could ruin a good BLUEGILL bite!:razz::huh::fighting:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Fishenough "Nick" lives close to there so you can pretty much bet that there are no Stripers or Weakfish living in the area, he could ruin a good BLUEGILL bite!:razz::huh::fighting:
....:razz:The SOUTHWIND cometh....:razz:

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
It was a good run.
But really you can go all winter and catch stripers. Its not like they all leave. They just arent there in bulk.
Remember that when you sitting home board and its like 40 degrees out.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
But really you can go all winter and catch stripers. Its not like they all leave. They just arent there in bulk.
Remember that when you sitting home board and its like 40 degrees out.

my point exactly
if i catch 1 bass in jan or feb it's worth it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
"you can go all winter and catch stripers"

I'd like to see some pictures of bass caught in Jan/Feb in south jersey. I hear over and over that they can still be caught then but I have never got any in Jan and Feb. But I'm still gonna keep trying.

As for Corsons, there actually were some big bass caught there this fall. By the way, where exactly is the "line" that seperates front from back at Corsons for purposes of fishing after 12/31?

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
If you cast towards Strathmere into the inlet, you are in the bay. the test is whether your cast is directed into the ocean where all you see is water. If you cast into the direction and sight of land, you are in the bay. So, you have to be out front or if at corsons, I suppose you can fish the bar at the corner of the inlet, as long as you are casting in the direction of the ocean. but there is hardly any water there now, unless it's high tide.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
was there even fish at corsons this year??? hardly fished it this fall, b/c the few times i did it wasnt giving me large numbers... only prob had a total of 10 fish there all fall.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Very little fish there for me. I fish CISP a lot, but only caught a couple of dinks mid spring that's about it. :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Years ago it was thought that stripers left this area for warmer waters and then the females returned in early spring to go up the rivers into freshwater. Recent studies have shown that it isn't necessarily true. The females will winter over in deep brackish or fresh water and the males will hang out in the salt water inlets and bridges.

So, they are there. But getting them to hit anything is tough, especially when you have to deal with sub-freezing temperatures, numb hands and biting winds. A good alternative is to find a good book about stripers, curl up next to the fireplace, pour yourself a glass of single malt scotch and give the weather a little time to improve. The fish will still be there. Time means nothing to stripers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts