BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yank lifting trout rods? Dont think so.:D

OMG did I accuse Yank of lifting rods,oops. Right, he is hot on the trail of this bugger..

All kidding aside that really friggen blows big time. Clearly this thief knows what to do and it probably a fly fisherman, hope not...

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/22504333/detail.html

fess up pal, i want my free sage rod!!!! lol

don't get any ideas pete....
No, I do not believe Yank is out lifting Sage Rods. Besides, he is an Orvis/Scott man I think. I am sure he is busy tying me a bass assassin to use as a prototype so I can see first hand what these babies are supposed to look like. Then I plan to cross breed it with the choggie popper. I think the result will be called the " Chog- ***.:eek::D

I do not want to dilute the Choggie popper too much. I think the new hybrid fly will mostly resemble the Choggie popper with a little piece of A$$ for good measure.:D

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yank lifting trout rods? Dont think so.:D

OMG did I accuse Yank of lifting rods,oops. Right, he is hot on the trail of this bugger..

All kidding aside that really friggen blows big time. Clearly this thief knows what to do and it probably a fly fisherman, hope not...
I believe the article said he knows how to cast

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
No, I do not believe Yank is out lifting Sage Rods. Besides, he is an Orvis/Scott man I think. I am sure he is busy tying me a bass assassin to use as a prototype so I can see first hand what these babies are supposed to look like. Then I plan to cross breed it with the choggie popper. I think the result will be called the " Chog- ***.:eek::D

I do not want to dilute the Choggie popper too much. I think the new hybrid fly will mostly resemble the Choggie popper with a little piece of A$$ for good measure.:D
it will still be a clouser:D

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't be trying to pull this crap at Orvis downingtown.. I can see yer Larry Csonka-esque mug now on the security cams, heisting bar stock reels!!!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I can tell you that yank had nothing to do with the heist, However Harry don't be suprised when you hear a knock on the door.

Pete i'll let you borrow my new sage rod sometime:D
Actually, I do have a Sage rod. It was my first rod. I had a custom 6wt XP made by a guy in the Northwest. Wish I knew how to make rods, I would have a bunch of them. However, I am sure that if I got the tools and the know how, it would be another big investment, like tying. Nothing costs a lot, but when you add it all up, you have a couple thousand into it, and have taken over a room

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.