BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New water separator filter; new plugs; trailer lights; grease the trailer wheel bearings; check to be sure switches are working; check radio and don't forget the bildge pump, both manuel and automatic settings. There's one most people who trailer ignore--- their trailer lug bolts. I've seen them rusted on so bad that the studs broke when the bolts were trying to be removed. When they get that bad, you need a torch to get them off. To prevent this, I loosen one lug at a time and apply "never sieze" to the threads once a year. Tires last for years and after years of being dunked in and out of salt water, they can get some real bad corrosion.;)

O.K. what did I forget?

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm ready to go. Dont forget to install and test your electronics as well. Sitting through the winter can do funny things, and changing or charging batts can blow a fuse somewhere. You dont want to look for it on the water.

Also - check the age and charge of your fire extingushers!

·
Registered
104 Posts
While getting mine readdy this year, I noticed some hydraulic oil on my outboard mount. Don't forget to check the steering fluid/system!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
painted the bottom today and this week will fire it up. then haases here we come!!!!!!! bb

·
Registered
19,542 Posts
Yep, spent all day yesterday detailing it. Good as new. I did find a bird's nest in a little whole that had to be cleaned, but otherwise its ready for spash down next week.

BT thanks for the reminder, my flares go out in April 2008

·
Registered
757 Posts
Please don't forget CG approved Lifejackets (sized correctly for occupants & readily available), type 4 throwable ring or cushion, replacement bulbs for navigational lights, and may be a few hand tools such as; screw drivers, wrenches, etc. And most importantly, be CAREFUL & SAFE!!!!! Calm winds and fair seas to all....

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
All three boats are ready. plus the jetski is good to go, except new spark plugs and to power wash the top side of the boat before it goes in the slip.

It has been a long couple of weekends.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
bay bee said:
New water separator filter; new plugs; trailer lights; grease the trailer wheel bearings; check to be sure switches are working; check radio and don't forget the bildge pump, both manuel and automatic settings. There's one most people who trailer ignore--- their trailer lug bolts. I've seen them rusted on so bad that the studs broke when the bolts were trying to be removed. When they get that bad, you need a torch to get them off. To prevent this, I loosen one lug at a time and apply "never sieze" to the threads once a year. Tires last for years and after years of being dunked in and out of salt water, they can get some real bad corrosion.;)

O.K. what did I forget?
Hello Bob,

1. Will i havea job when the season starts?
2. What will be paying for gas? Should we fill the boat up now @$2.97 a gallon? Or pay $4.50 or more when we slip her in.
3. Will they pay me to put my boat in the water so the marina looks busy?
4. Dont forget to enter the contest for the most throw back fluke this year.
5. Remember to deposit your stimulas check with the marina owner.

Misty Lady

1 - 20 of 31 Posts