BASS BARN banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just Got back in from honeymoon in the Keys.
My Wife and I went 3 for 4 on some fiesty Tarpon. The leaping ability of these fish are amazing What a great time. Something I will never forget!

I hope this pic works. This is the biggest of 3 Caught. All 3 released to give someone else the thrill they gave me.

[ 05-28-2005, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: The Rod Bender ]

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Congrats on wedding...but even more so on catching those nice poons! lol They are my FAVORITE fish to catch. Love those acrobatics! WTG

PS. How much did you drop at the World Wide Sportsman in Islamorada and did you feed the tarpon at Robbie's?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Way to go Rodbender!Very nice fish.Going 3-4 with those big boys is a hell of an achievment.

With all the promo stuff inside the boat--you must have had a big-time guide...may I ask who your guide was.I fish for Tarpon 7-10 days a year(50% Keys-50% Belieze)and just love the hell out of it!!!!
Tom
AFISHN

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finaddict5: Thanks on the congrats, and I don't even want to go there on how much I spent at World Wide! Very nice place and I even liked it better than Bass Pro Shops in Ft. Lauderdale because it was smaller and to the point.

AFISHN: The Guide was excellent and I would recommend him to anyone that is going to pursue these giants. His name is Capt. Jeremy Fisher from Fisher guide service he is only in Islamorada for 3 months for the heart of the Tarpon season then goes back to his native Park City, Utah to guide in the rivers and lakes for Trout, Bass, and Carp. We left out of Bayside Marina behide World Wide but, he keeps his boat at Roland Martin's personal Islamorada home/dock which was super cool!
I'm hooked on these fish and the best part is my Wife is too! So this won't be the last time fishing for them.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Rod Bender, Where did you stay and do you have a Phone number or website for Capt. Fisher?? I'm heading there next year Memorial Weekend and was planning on the Cheetah Resort...... 13

[ 05-31-2005, 07:11 AM: Message edited by: striper13 ]

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Nice fish and pic! The keys are great, you look very sad in that picture (joking). You prob know this but just so you dont get yourself in any trouble if you go down and do it on your own, you have to release all Tarpon in the keys...I'm 99.9% sure but some of the Florida boys can fill you in on the exact details but I think they are all protected down there. I remember being told under their thick hard scales they are real mushy anyway and you wouldnt want to eat them. I wanna guess you got about a 125lber in your arms there. Nice pics and hopefully the wife enjoyed the fishing honeymoon...you have her trained well already!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jbones11, We did release this fish and the same went for the other 2 that we caught as I stated in my original post but, to be honest with you you can keep 2 of these if you had a Florida special permit.
Thanks for the heads up.
NINO

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Nice fish man...I'd say that fish is right around 80lbs or so.
125lber would take up the whole boat...Congrats again, theres nothing like em' :D

[ 05-31-2005, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: KeysKid ]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rod Bender, great pics and I'm glad you had a good time. Congats on the wedding, now you're officially hitched... BTW, your barn name is the name of my river boat; Nice choice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.