BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never fished Island Beach State Park and was wondering when the spring run usually starts and finishes. Also would like recommendation on a good hotel/motel to stay for a weekend of surf fishing?:)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
you will start picking up fish there on bait like clams sometime in april maybe earlier this year
come may the bunker should move in and really break open both on cut and live bunker and lures
it depends on the weather and water temps as to how long the fall run will last
last year it went deep into december

right before the park you will find the island beach motor lodge on the left

·
Registered
20,269 Posts
Done the Windjammer a couple times... had a great night one night before the NJ Angler surf fishing tourney back in the day... spilled many brain cells..

Surf temps in the low 50's usually gets things rolling... first a bait bite like UDogg said. Get your clam shuckin skills together ;)

·
Registered
24,070 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
there are tons of places to stay down that way and don't think that you have to enter the gates to get into fish. when times gets nearer post up when you will be around and i'm sure some people on here, including myself, could show you around. rickstillcasting also does guided tours for free of the whole ibsp beachfront so you should PM him now as dates fill quickly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Island beach state park

Thanks guys, great information, will keep in touch and let you know when I'll :)be going.

·
Registered
839 Posts
there are tons of places to stay down that way and don't think that you have to enter the gates to get into fish. when times gets nearer post up when you will be around and i'm sure some people on here, including myself, could show you around. rickstillcasting also does guided tours for free of the whole ibsp beachfront so you should PM him now as dates fill quickly.
thank you for your thoughtfulness Rebel,,you forgot to mention... I have overnight accommodations,, a dog that snores louder than a drunk sailor,, I can order out with the best and the bar down the street is well stocked.
I will share for eating out down there the Berkeley Seafood Restaurant on right just prior to park entrance is the best and reasonably priced.. Stay away from Bum Rogers & Atlantic Grill.........

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
thank you for your thoughtfulness Rebel,,you forgot to mention... I have overnight accommodations,, a dog that snores louder than a drunk sailor,, I can order out with the best and the bar down the street is well stocked.
I will share for eating out down there the Berkeley Seafood Restaurant on right just prior to park entrance is the best and reasonably priced.. Stay away from Bum Rogers & Atlantic Grill.........
Truer words were never typed...Atlantic Grille is good food but WAY too expensive and Bum Rogers BLOWS...
Go to Klee's up in SSH..Best wings I ever had...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts