BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That i must report the passing of a good flyer. Late for dinner who changed his handle this year to pjjumper passed away. Chris, red eye nester, informed me early this AM by e-mail & then we talked on phone. He has no further information. I knew Steve from meeting on the water. He was an adequate flyer, liked flying & was good at it. He was a suberb knowedgeable back bay waterman & he had a deadly method of fishing the bridges in daylight, late in the season which I was just beginning to get a handle on. I saw him catch & release 5 bass up to 20lb + in less than an hour. I shall miss his friendly smile, wave, good comments & I can only hope the wind is always at his back. Ron

[ 02-06-2004, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: sparse grey ]

·
Registered
8,156 Posts
I was sorry to hear he passed. I always enjoyed his post and remember his late season success. My condolences to his family and freinds.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
I can't beleive it! Was it an accident?
I am very sorry to hear of his passing.

Late last fall, as Chris and I worked our butts off looking for fish, L4D pulls past us and up to the bank. He casts his popper to a point and catches 2 fish in as many casts! He motioned us in, bustin them the whole way, of course....and we had our share. A bit later, bass had peanuts pinned in against a shallow bank and we shared a mini blitz for the next hour or so.

·
Administrator
7,494 Posts
Some things don't make sense.

I too only knew Steve from the water, but fished the same "secret spots", almost in the same order, every day. He had no qualms with respect to sharing information, and loved putting you on fish, even if it was at his expense as Frank has described.
He will be missed.

REN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts