BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to remind everyone that we have 8 sets of Prop Pullers available for your FREE use! Prop Scan computer checks for Class 1 Tolerance are FREE and take about 10 minutes! Let us show you the pitch/section shape differences (if your props aren't Class 1) that result in slippage- wasting fuel with each revolution and reducing speed.

Many of you have already seen the difference a Class 1 propeller provides- don't forget our Class 1 ISO 484/2 Maintenance Tune (which is very popular this year) is 1/2 the price of a Reman. A 18" 4 blade wheel is $125!!

Thanks again to all who brought there props in early this year and if you have any propeller related questions at all please don't hesitate to call!

Ray/ATLANTIS

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
We obviously haven't had the chance to use them yet, but I wanted to personally thank you guys for taking care of my Pop. Look forward to trying those 4b's your doing for the Tope..

Anyone thinking of using Atlantis, consider this. My pop and I have had the Topaz 20+ years. When we first got it the columbia wheels were golden however, breath on a clam shell on there toast. We soon got newer, harder wheels and haven't had them tuned right for along time. I kid you not, first to the show Atlantis mailed them. Pop was happy and i was happy for him.

You all know I don't jerk many chains and have even critized my own boat for Neptunes sake. When i tell you these guys are as good as I have seen you can bet on it. When my Pop says it, it's law.. :thumbsup:

Good service boys and a very appreciative thank you from the Larr's!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Props last year atlantis propeller

Hey just wanted to say i purchased props from you last year.I bought 4 blades for my 29'6 aquasport.You probably remember me:), anyway im having boat soda blasted in few weeks and i hope to get them up to 5000rpm wide open,when i drove the boat from cape may to philly,i really opened it up on the home stretch,full throttlei maxed out at 45 on 1 and 46 on other.Do you think ill be ok after soda blast?Ireally got to know the boat at the end of the season,my cruise speed was at 17 knots at 3600.I really want to get to 20 this year at the same rpm.Do you think its possible,and if not should i come in for adjustment?I love the pickup on them by the way.

·
Registered
12,974 Posts
The guys at Atlantis Prop are great to deal with. I dropped my buddies prop off there last year and they know what they are doing when it comes to props. Thanks again for the excellent service!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys! Diamond II- I'm glad your happy with your new props, from what I recall you said your bottom was pretty bad- I would get good #'s after its done and go from there. Don't forget there is no time limit on your free adjustment.

Bear- I thought you would be interested in how your 4 Blades looked "before" and "after". They are a PERFECT example to use in the explanation of theoretical pitch....

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The first pic is the initial measurement bar graph. Notice that the overall pitch (measured mean) is a 18.00- Not bad right?? But look at the variation between blades and then notice the repair line graph at radius 7. The pink line (although straight) is a representation of the curve of a propeller blade with "theoretical and mathematical" perfect 18" pitch. It is a portion of a "true" helix.

The computer overlays the actual blade measurements onto this perfect representation-showing the techs were adjustments must be made. The left of the screen is the leading edge and the right is trailing. On this prop all the leading edges were down. The trailing edge of blade 1 needs to go down and 3 and 4 need to go up.

What does all this mean? Even though the overall theoretical pitch of this prop is 18"- it will never achieve even close to that. It is slipping with each revolution,wasting fuel and hurting performance...

The 3rd and 4th pics are the final measurements of the completed prop. Notice overall pitch has been kept the same!!! (Mr. Larr said the props were achieving rated wot RPM for his engines so we did not change overall pitch!)

We only adjusted the DESIGN. The "grip" as some would say.

Bear- please report back when you've tried these wheels- We are confident in improved performance!!

Thank you for reading, I hope this helps explain what we do!

Ray/ATLANTIS

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Ray, that is one part of the sport I, admittedly, know little about. Thank you for taking the time to explain, it really is of interest to me.

I will report, hoping to splash April. The 4's will be on her then.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saturday Hours

We've had several phone calls asking about Saturday hours. We will be open 9AM to 12 noon starting on March 6th and continuing right through April.

Propellers can be dropped off or picked up. Prop pullers can be picked up for your FREE use. Inboard propellers can be checked (for Class 1 ISO Tolerance) in 10 minutes for FREE.

Don't spend another season wondering if you're wasting fuel with your wheels!

http://atlantispropeller.com/testimonials.html

Thanks!
ATLANTIS

·
Registered
8,051 Posts
Here's the conversation -

Me to Pop - "How's the wheels?"

Pop - "She's smooth as silk. Not even the slightest vibration. Them guys are as good as it gets!"

Atlantis did it again with another set!!

This is not a solicited, nor have any other been, recommendation. Ray told me to bring the wheels and he'd take care of my Pop. Although always skeptical, I beleived him and he stood true to his word. This time to our spare set or canyon load set.

Thanks guys, doing right but my dad is about as good as you can get with me. It is only bested by the pride in your craft.

Thank you form the Larr's, again!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks guys! Diamond II- I'm glad your happy with your new props, from what I recall you said your bottom was pretty bad- I would get good #'s after its done and go from there. Don't forget there is no time limit on your free adjustment.

Bear- I thought you would be interested in how your 4 Blades looked "before" and "after". They are a PERFECT example to use in the explanation of theoretical pitch....

Ray does that fancy computer figure out the IQ of the Philadephia Seagull fan? Because it looks like it is reading very very low! LoL.... Text Font Logo Electric blue Clip art

Ray your the best of the best prop guy in the business.........:thumbsup:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bear- Thanks for taking the time to post the results of your prop reman. We take great pride in our work and hearing that we helped a fellow boater increase their performance- gives us great satisfaction. :thumbsup:

Take one - The same Class 1 Pitch Tolerances apply to EVERY propeller known to man. You must always remember that pitch is theoretical. Just because a prop is stamped 19- DOES NOT MEAN that prop will turn 19 in a no slip environ... ONLY with perfect helical design and pitch tolerances at each radius (which only PROPSCAN or COMPUTERIZED SCANNING EQUIPMENT can measure)...will design pitch be achieved!

This is why older shops (who have been repairing props with blocks and hand tools for years).....are s-l-o-w-l-y buying and retraining themselves on the new scanning equipment!

ATLANTIS was founded on PROPSCAN technology- (our techs have never even seen a pitch block or pitchometer (except in photos;)), and have been trained from day one with COMPUTER AIDED repair technology.

Capt. G- In 2008 Tom sold ATLANTIS PROPELLER to his long-time techs and the first thing we did was clarify our purchase and pricing structure. Customer response has been fantastic! I invite you and any other past customer to come in and try us again!

Thanks, Ray

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.