BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conditions have sucked lately but it's what we need. Water temp is slowly falling but need a few more days and degrees.

It's not so much when will the stripers arrive. It's more like when will everything else leave. We still have spots, sandsharks and other small fish that will move out soon. A good NE this time of the year is usually the ticket out of town.

It's also a good time for the stripers to move in. Then for the next two and a half months they will set up shop and the fun begins.

Anyone looking for spots better get in gear before they are gone. On Tuesday a local stopped by. He just built a live bait pen and was looking for a good area to catch some spots.

The weather was nasty and it wasn't a good day to be out on a boat so we set up a spot on the end of our dock. There isn't a fast flow of water at our dock and spots love this. I took two halves of frozen bunker and snapped them on one of our crab hand lines. Tide was up so we were in about eight feet of water. He had a two hook rig and baited up with clam. About an hour later he had 35 spot in great condition.

At one point the action slowed and we pulled the hand line in and stepped on the bunker to send out more juice and the spots turned back on.

They won't be here for much longer so if you want any better fish hard and fast. Some guys have been cast netting them but they get a little beat up this way. Hook and line produces better bait and more fun. This is a great way to let the kids help out. Even an old cane pole will work with this set up. Small hooks, piece of clam and catch a good supply.

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
i KNOW bIGGEST - i cant wait - Friday nov 1lth (mother nature willin') I will get to be my own Capt. of a Carolina Skiff and will lead team shortbus to victory :D

Put that date on the fridge in NoBones as a reminder - we want you to fish with us that day!!!!!

[ 10-13-2005, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Brian,

Are you fishing the No Bones this year?
I'll be on Little Debbie with two friends from work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts