BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can wear my sunglasses when I leave work at 5pm. On Saturday the 14th I will be at Sam's Pizza on the Wildwood Boardwalk For my first slice.

Yesterday I was down to check my boat. Still a lot of ice but it was retreating and very soft. Today the ice was all but gone and that was with temperatures in the teens during the night. That can only mean that the water is warming faster than the air can effect it.

There is all kinds of bait around the dock. Tons of shrimp and schools of minnows sucking up the warmth in the shallow waters.

After seeing everything locked in ice for the past month today felt great. We have definitely turned the corner. :D :cool: :D :cool:

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
Ok so you said it differently than I did.

Mr. Oyster Cracker isn't a mister in my tank, I have 100 eggs in the tank now but it looks like they won't last, feeding frenzy. Even Nemo likes egg :eek:

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But you lied.

When you posted it there was still a lot of ice. In fact the Chumstain was iced in.

I on the other hand gave a more current and accurate report.

Just because you stayed around for breakfast on Saturday doesn't make you a local.

Oystercracker eggs and spam on the Chumstain. :D

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am but Mack's doesn't open until April 3rd.

I am a loyal Sam's fan until Macks opens.

Truthfully there is just something about eating pizza on the boardwalk. It's a sign that the worm has turned. After that each week will see more stores open and more people.

I have to grab it as early as I can. I was at the boat show and I saw how many non fishing boats were on display. I know that they will be in the back bays going back and forth because they are afraid to head for open water.

My season runs from March 1st - June 30th and then from Sept 1st - Ice in. :D :D :D

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I saw on the weather that the water temp went from 31 to 35 in 3 days. Eight degrees to go.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Chunking, its a beautiful thing isn't it. I will be making a trip to Sam's this weekend, can't wait.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I will be appearing at Sam's also....marking the "Official" end of my diet :D :D .....then I head south for spring training on the 27th...

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
HOW DO I GET RID OF MY 1/2SHOBIE.
You have to change your mailing address and voter registration.

ICW back here is clearing out. Can see the progress of each tide.
Big *** Swan was back here yesterday, prett cool.
Now "COLD" on the weather forcast means 30's.......couple weeks ago it was teens to twenties, when " COLD" means 40s we should be ready

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It's happening. Pulled off the side of the road in the woods yesterday, got back in the car, and a TICK was crawling on my hand. Pretty soon those bikini spiders will be coming out!

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
The Mullica River Was ICE Free for the First
Time Yesterday since sometime in January.......

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
from what I can see from my deck, the backwater behind NWW is clear also...

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Originally posted by BIGGESTJACK:
MED-- WAS THE DIET A SUCCESS?WHEN MACK'S OPENS WHERE DO YOU SPEND.
diet was/is a success.....still goin trying to get to my college "playing" weight...about 15 more to go...as far as where I spend....Sam's is the place as far as Im concerned...last spring we had this one out on "The Barn" and I think it was a push....maybe Ill give Macks another try, just on Chunking's say so...if he knows 1/3 as much about pizza as he does about fishing...then its worth another look... :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts