BASS BARN banner

I've got the crabs!

2K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  BIGGESTJACK 
#1 ·
Fishing in our area has sucked for the past few weeks. At least thats what I see from our rental boats.

Crabbing on the other hand has been awesome. Some boats returning with over a bushel. The past moon had a lot of shedders so the keepers should increase.

Odly enough it's the new guys who are catching the most. I give a nice little map that takes about ten minutes to reach the crabbing area. Those who know nothing and follow the map catch a lot. Those who wonder off don't. September and October should be incredible.

A few quick facts. Hand lines are producing more than traps and bunker is 3 to 1 over chicken.

I have learned real fast to mention the obvious to our renters. So many come back with five gallon buckets filled with water and dead crabs. Putting crabs in a bucket of water is like putting a plastic bag over your head. Suffication is quick to follow.

Keeping them damp and shaded is the way to keep them alive.

Dumbest thing a renter has said to me so far this season after returning from a crabbing trip.

They were from Ohio so cut them some slack.

Me. How did you guys make out.

Them. Not very good I'm afraid.

Me. How many did you catch?

Them. None.

Me. None?

Them. None. Every time we pulled up the hand lines these green crabs were hanging on. Never caught one red crab all day.

I didn't have the heart to tell them.

See less See more
#4 ·
Good Stuff Fred....Thanks for the Tips.....

Break Out The Old Bay ......

#8 ·
#12 ·
Biggest are you ready to get called into action??? maybe after lunch tomorrow.

#14 ·
Hey Jack,

How you doing, hope every thing is going well. I hear a friend of mine is selling ice cream on the beach! And we thought we got him out of the country forever! I thought the dock IQ would have went up a point or two when we left, you get rid of a couple of Pollocks the dock has to get a little smarter. Tell everyone I said hello!

#17 ·
I think we might have our Fred's confused. The Fred that I know is always sharply dressed, I must say he looks like a true Player. (N.B.P) No Bones Pimp !!!! He kinda reminds me of the guy in the movie Stripes that was looking threw binoculars into the shower.

#18 ·
Hey Big M i just saw the swat team leave the dock with the pimp in cuffs and his binoculars around his head. The girls across the way were out with towels around them and wet hair pointing over just before they busted into the shop. :D

He was yelling, "I was just reading the billboard, I forgot my reading glasses" :D

#19 ·
I always thought we was up to know good. My Daddy always said watch the guy that smokes long cigs and sports a Boa and a loud shirt. BTW what is the name of his new TV show ?????? Pokie Man !!!

[ 08-07-2004, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Fishpicker ]

#20 ·
As soon as I mention good crabbing it stops. Right after the moon and all that rain the keeper ratio went south.

Still catching lots but mostly 4 inchers. Will keep you posted if it changes.

I'm going to try a new bait soon. Fishpicker stopped by today and his T shirt is worth at least two flats of bunker.

The camera man stopped by to get a shot of the Chumstain for his commercial. He tried for the good side but he is still looking.

Hey Crabby. September / October. I'm getting a little anxious here. Can't you just shove the old lady in a bus for a day trip. Just pretty her up a bit and leave the rest to me. Oh yea. Make sure she has a return ticket.

Reelwoman29. I don't have to pick up women. I find it's much easier if I sneek up on them.

Striper101. Call ahead to see if the crabbing improves. 609-522-3017

All Banged Up. We put something in your slip that uses more gas than you did all last year. A weed wacker and it broke ten minutes after it started.

It looks like the NO BONES STRIPER TOURNAMENT will be held on October 30 this year. More details to follow.

#22 ·
Hey Stain,

How have you been, if you see Ice cream boy tell him to give me a yell. I here since the crabbing slowed down, all females renting boats get map with one spot and it leads to Fred house? Congrats on the SJC win, I leave the dock and you guys are caughting fish and winning now. I thought that was more of a caughting a load dock not caughting fish

Hey Fred I used even less fuel this year still out of the water with one engine down. Consumed only 1/2 hour worth of fuel, BAD SUMMER. I am going to get my ice cream buddy to sell right at the dock and Big will never leave!

#23 ·
My best day crabbing was down in Mexico. Caught so many I brought some home to give to the wife (now the ex-wife), but typical of most women, she didn't appreciate my generosity! go figure.

#25 ·
Originally posted by All Banged Up:
Hey Stain,

How have you been, if you see Ice cream boy tell him to give me a yell. I here since the crabbing slowed down, all females renting boats get map with one spot and it leads to Fred house? Congrats on the SJC win, I leave the dock and you guys are caughting fish and winning now. I thought that was more of a caughting a load dock not caughting fish

I COULD SURE GO FOR A COUPLE FUGY WONGA BARS FROM THE RING THW BELL MAN.IF I SEE ONE OF THE 3 MUSKEETERS I'LL TELL HIM.THE OTHER TWO MUSKETS HEADSARE JOCKSTRAP AND NO NECK.WHO HAS HAD TROUBLE STANDING UP I HEAR.BOOM SHE MUSTHAVE FALLEN DOWN AGAIN.YOU WOULDN'T RECOGNIZE HIM HE SEES OUT OF HIS BELLYBUTTON NOW.YOU WILL ALSO MISS ON FREDS NEXT TV SHOW LIVE FROM THE DOCK WE ARE GOING TO RAFFLE FRED OFF ALL MONEY GOES TO THE FEED JACK FUND.TICKETS 6 FOR 5.
Hey Fred I used even less fuel this year still out of the water with one engine down. Consumed only 1/2 hour worth of fuel, BAD SUMMER. I am going to get my ice cream buddy to sell right at the dock and Big will never leave!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.