BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...No I Wasn't playing cards around the table. I just got back from Palm Beach area and figured I would give a fishing report. What a great time to be in Florida. End of March through April, No rain, temps in the 70's. I recommend going down during the spring...anyway!!

This was my first fishing trip of the new year and had the chance to fish a friends beach front home and what a day of fishing it was. Woke up bright and early..Tide was coming in and decided I would throw a popper(Storm) w/ teaser, since I had glassy conditions. First cast, nice swirl but no hook up. Next Cast Wham! Mr. Jack Crevalle in the 10 lb class a great Fight. Then all hell broke loose Schools of Jacks rolled in chasing bait to my feet. Full out Blitz for the next 20 minutes with all fish in the 5 to 10 lb range. Jacks were flying out of the water chasing everything in site. Charging through the wash, chasing bait to my feet. The all out fury died down but not the action. I caught Jacks for about an hour and half before being to damn tired to catch anymore. 4 out of 5 fish took the teaser but I still had the great top water visual strikes. Even had a double header luckily the second fish was small or I would have needed a fighing chair. Later in the day I tried my luck again changed over to a Gator spoon and nailed three nice spanish mack's. That evening the had another high tide situation and fished for a half hour landing another 5 jacks this time much smaller.

An Awesome day to start my year. inbetween the great streches of fishing, laying by the pool and spending time with my wife and my boy. Oh did I mention it was my Birthday? :D

[ 04-06-2004, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: fishwrangler ]

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
FishWrangler,

Great Report,Sounded Like Alot of Fun....
Glad Your Back Bud,Hope You Brought Back
Some of that nice weather you experienced
and that fishing Mojo...We Need It :)

And A Happy Belated Birthday to you also....

Take Care,,

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm Birthday wishes. Yeah I can't wait to start fishing for the stripped one. Weakies are right around the corner. I need to check my reels from this week, they took a beating.

Good Luck guys. Steve thanks for the Belated Birthday wish and keep up the reports. Anytime now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.